Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Floscan Wiring Floscan Technician

I've heavily edited this earlier post having done some more tests today..... is there a former Floscan technician out there.....

====

Fuel flow, elasped time work after upgrade. Tacho displays are now NOT displaying accurately. They were both working before the upgrade. There are two wires from the tacho pickup that connect to Yellow and Violet.

Positive power for the Floscan is an above ground 32-12 volt Newmar DC converter. The instructions say to use engine ground for the negative. I've done this and the gauges still work. But RPM still does not display correctly (2500RPM at idle). Where have I gone wrong?
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 06-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Re: Floscan Tacho Reading Floscan Demise.

For those who have followed this post in its various forms...

My gauges were sent to Floscan and came back as a different model. The answer to the issues were in a different version of the instructions. The tacho issue was resolved be moving the red and green dials on the back of the gauges to equal the pulses from the tacho pickup. For the 12V71 pickup a 1:1 crankshaft ratio and 4 pulses per revolution of the tacho pickup.

++++

The Floscan website is still operating, but for how long? If you have Floscans, go to the Support page to download the various manuals.

Such a pity to see the demise of this company.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 06-01-2018 at 08:05 AM.