Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Removable Rod Holders

I finally found some nice teak furniture for the cockpit of my new boat. The new furniture includes two deep seating chairs, two ottomans and a table. However, I still intend to fish from the cockpit for the denizens of the deep in Long Island Sound ( read stripped bass and blue fish ) and prefer to have a rod holder on the chair when I fish. I do have them in the cover boards. Does anyone have actual experience with stainless removable rod holders? My hope is to screw the base into the outer teak leg of each chair and remove the tube part when not in use. I have seen some on the internet but am uncertain about the grade(s) of stainless used and ease of removable. The last two sets of permanent screw on rod holders for my fighting chairs on my 43 Hat began to pit and rust within one month. I will not cut a hole in each arm to mount a real rod holder there. Thanks for the help.

Re: Removable Rod Holders

Perko removable rod holders . They have a base and slide in and out for use. I bought some on Flea bay after a couple of Perkos were stolen and found they were Chinese , had the Perko sticker and all,Perko number0449DPOCHR......Pat
    Last edited by doc g; 05-19-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Re: Removable Rod Holders

Thanks Pat. On their way.