Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Storm generated tsunami in Long Island Sound

This is crazy. I've never heard of such a thing.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...482806311.html

I live in hilly Beacon Falls CT and we got hit with an ef-1 tornado with 110mph winds on Tues afternoon. Been on a genny ever since. They hope to have power restored by Fri night. I had to use a chain saw just to get off my street.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Storm generated tsunami in Long Island Sound

A derecho went through here Tuesday evening. I had just shut my garage door and woosh. 60 mpph wind. No warning. Good thing too because I have a 6bta in my garage that would have got a blast of sand from the beach. Weird.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Was that on Long Island? My house was just outside the path by a couple hundred feet. Directly across the street from me, many trees came down. Fortunately, we were unscathed. A house behind the house across the street from me had left his garage door open, and the wind blew into the garage and actually blew the front of the garage off of the structure. I can see the path of destruction leading up the mountain to the southeast of me. We don't expect to have power back before Saturday.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Same system but in Hampton

VA.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

awesome, thanks for sharing