Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1972 48 Yachtfisherman for sale

Unfortunately it is time that I sell are boat. Timeless has been a good boat for us for the last 17 years and we have had some wonderful times on her.

She is the double cabin variety of the boat with the huge master cabin aft complete with dressing table and double hanging locker. She also has the optional wet bar with ice maker in the salon. All the interior decks except for the galley and heads have white carpeting that is in good shape.

The hull was repainted with one part poly in 2005 and will still polish up pretty nicely. The aftdeck and cockpit part of the boat was repainted in one part poly in 2011/12. The bottom was stripped to the gelcoat and a new barrier coat and bottom paint applied in 2014. The bottom paint was refreshed this spring before being launched.

Other updates that have been made include a new 15kw Westerbeke genny installed in 2009. This penny has not been heavily used and still has less than 1000 hours on it. The aft deck is enclosed with a sunbrella canvas enclosure with isinglass windows that can be rolled up. When the isinglass is rolled up there are screens to keep the bugs out. The refrigerator in the galley was replaced with a 16 cubic foot Fisher and Paykal stainless refrigerator. The original range and oven are still working quite well.

She has 8V71N Detroit Diesel power and cruises quite nicely.

For more information and pictures either PM me here or give me a call at 563-210-1965. Or if you prefer you can email me at dwaynec48@gmail.com. Note that the boat is currently berthed on the Mississippi river in Illinois.
    Attached Images

Re: 1972 48 Yachtfisherman for sale

I just love this model. My dad owned a 43DC, but the cockpit makes this boat so much better.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Had this been my first Hatteras I would still have it. Its nice stepping into that cockpit.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I just love this model. My dad owned a 43DC, but the cockpit makes this boat so much better.
    It is my understanding the 48 was based off the 44 TC hull and is considerably more stable than the 43 DC. Never been on one though. Is there a price or did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by oldawg View Post
    It is my understanding the 48 was based off the 44 TC hull and is considerably more stable than the 43 DC. Never been on one though. Is there a price or did I miss that?
    It's a 44TC with a cockpit. 6" more beam than the 43.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I should add that the boat needs to be repainted above the rubrail. One of the sliding windows in the salon has cracked and other windows are starting to delaminates. In short the boat does have cosmetic issues.

My starting asking price is $50,000.

She is pretty stable when running.

Is this a freshwater boat
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

As far as I know it is a fresh water boat. When I bought the boat it was on the Illinois river at Peoria. Since I have had it is has been on the Mississippi, the Cumberland and Tennessee rivers.

Nice one