Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Beware of Discount Marine

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Discount Marine, PA, promises 2 day delivery (in writing). Takes over two days to fill an order. When questioned, they respond saying five days (transit) is the reality and I if really expected two day I should have paid extra. No attempt to try and explain or offer something to mitigate. Many reputable businesses out there. This one ain’t.
    Awful! Thanks for sharing Rob! These guys: http://www.impcorporation.com/en-us are pretty awesome! They buy and sell used marine engines. Hope all works out for ya.

-DB

Still don't get it. Apparently you're letting USPS off the hook though they often generate inconsistent information. The notice from USPS states the package was mailed on the 15th not the 16th. That notice also indicates it was sent by Priority Mail with a two day expected delivery. The tracking information seems to have the package in USPS hands from the 16th. The first USPS contradiction. It then remains with USPS for another day before processing. And this is the fault of the vendor? Not privy to your end of the " complaint exchange" though without question, the vendor's comments are inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Still don't get it. Apparently you're letting USPS off the hook though they often generate inconsistent information. The notice from USPS states the package was mailed on the 15th not the 16th. That notice also indicates it was sent by Priority Mail with a two day expected delivery. The tracking information seems to have the package in USPS hands from the 16th. The first USPS contradiction. It then remains with USPS for another day before processing. And this is the fault of the vendor? Not privy to your end of the " complaint exchange" though without question, the vendor's comments are inappropriate.
    It does?

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 3.21.00 PM.jpg
    They stuck a label on it and it sat for another day before being picked up.

As for contradictions, I don't think so. The vendor considered it shipped and sent a notification via Stamps.com. That's not the post office. It does appear the USPS info is accurate. I guess Stamps.com assumed the vendor would not sit on the shipment for a day.

The rub is Discount Marine Supply had a chance to clear up the problem with a little TLC. I haven't asked for anything from them. I brought it to their attention. Rather than acknowledge my inquiry, they went negative. You are right, they are completely out of line. Sort of makes you wonder how they'd handle a refund, don't it?

BTW, I haven't heard from them since they begged me to send them the 2 day estimate; they don't even know what they're sending out to the customer! Five days is a long way from two days. Once I sent them what they sent me, I can't get a reply or the guy on the phone. Hell, he sent me four emails in short order until the uh oh moment. Clearly Discount Marine Supply is a disreputable company and Christian Gray has yet to grow a pair--in my opinion.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Enough already, we get it.....................
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Enough already, we get it.....................
    The man asked me a question.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Everyone should be giving Scott first crack at anything he carries. If u find it for a lot less, tell him and see if he can make it happen.Many times if i tell my manufacturers of a low ball internet offering they'll give me an extra discount to compete.We need to take care of those that take care of us. Almost every technical question posed has benefited from his input. Do unto others.

Good grief....

That's all I've got.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That's it? Are you kidding?

Maybe pucker can do better.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have not commented on this. All I will say is that I would never tell someone to take their business elsewhere. I would tell them what I can and cannot do and they may indeed decide to take their business elsewhere, but I would never tell them that. Obviously, this guy lacks what they call the social skills.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Jim,

Im not sure which post your referring to as commercial in the PM. the one where I jokingly say buy from me or the one where you recommend members buy from defender.

Is it different for others to recommend non members for purchasing than I recommending my favorite company that happens to be mine.

FWIW I do not compete with SAM'S but defender and bow does on anything they can and they do not respect manufacturers pricing policy and violate them when it suits them. They also play games with sales tax but that's another discussion.

I think starting a thread to sell something is more of a commercial post then offering an alternative to a problematic online reseller. I asked Doug about offering a deal for members and he helped by putting my info in the banners.

I also see others (maybe a broker or two) commenting on their services yet I don't know if they are asked to remove those posts either.

I sit here quietly as you and others spout how great the online cheaters are but I do not break the rules to undercut other dealers. I recomend Sam's to others on and off the site and DO NOT sell similar items to them so I hope I am not though to be out of line but there are a bunch of my happy customers that are members here that maybe need to speak up.

I try to offer my brethren on the forum good deals and I hope the ones that buy from me appreciate it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.