Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Beware of Discount Marine

I just sent a key by UPS from Michigan to Florida. Overnight cost was $80.+. It was $34.00 for 2 days. Two day guaranteed ( we'll try) by USPS of an envelope was $37.00
    Many internet vendors " drop ship" and it seems that all offer shipping alternatives an escalating cost from overnight to ground which can take up to 5 business days. That includes Amazon.
    I have been amazed at how quickly a purchase was received---- and dismayed at delay. Such is life.

Simple solution.

Buy from me.

I will not lie about shipping times or inventory. I ship as soon as possible and dont charge the customer in advance.

I dont sell items Im not authorized to resell and I dont sell "like new".

I may not be able to beat the other guys prices all the time but I do pretty good on electronics and my other lines.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Unfortunately all most all of the marine internet retailers these days are just order takers with little or no inventory that either have the items drop shipped or wait for delivery from a supplier or OEM. For the most part I use Defender and BOW and buy all my tackle from Fishermans Center in Riviera Beach, not a fan of any chains. McMaster Carr is a godsend for soooooo many things, lucky they're a 1 day ship for us. .
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Discount Marine Supply.com wants to argue. My order was accepted and approved about noon on 5-14. Despite the shipping notification below, the package actually was sent on 5-16.

This message was sent to you at the request of Discount Marine Supplies, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you. For details about your shipment or to track your package, please refer to the information below.
    Shipment Details
    Shipped To: robert clarkson
    BNRES
    LLC
    2408 maybank hwy
    johns island SC 29455-4800
    Mailing Date: 5/15/2018
    Est. Delivery: 2 days
    Service: Priority Mail (R)
    Signature: Not Required
    Tracking: 9405511298370923117580

(5/16)From me to them:

When the post office says it received an in-stock package 53 hours after you received the order then there is a problem. Shipping Priority Mail is sort of senseless if you, the seller, aren’t motivated. Based on the info you sent me, I should have this package tomorrow. But it’s just left your dock, so I guess I won’t.

(5-16)Robert,

Your package left our facilty yesterday. The day after you placed the order. We do offer 2nd day and next day services as well,however as you spoke of the internet. Most people are on there just to pinch pennies so if you needed this immediately perhaps spending the $10.00 for 2nd day delivery would have been wise. Go ahead and post this and that based on your personal opinions. There is so much of that which goes on these days nobody believes or reads it anyway. Ground is 3-5 days so that means 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. If you have it by the 19th we have fulfilled our agreement.

Have a wonderful afternoon, sorry to have negatively impacted your recreation time.

Cristian Graywww.discountmarinesupplies.com

The package just left PA this morning.

Well, these people continue to wallow in their ineptitude. In line with their character, they now want to insult older people who have done well. Being retired, I've plenty of discretionary time to help them along.

(5-17)Robert,

Thank you for telling us how to run our business. We get this a lot from people (typically retired) who think they know everything about everything. It's part of dealing with the discretionary income segment of society.

Shipping Method: Ground Shipping (3-5 Day Delivery)

Please take your business elsewhere in the future.

What a great attitude. I think I'll take his advice. Hope you do the same.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

What a dipchit.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Well Bob, it gets worse. This guy just takes the bait every time.

(5-17)Robert, nobody cares about the rantings of a cranky old man. Your wasting everybody's time. In 15 years your not the first of your kind. In fact your a dime a dozen. Get over yourself, your opinion holds no more value than anybody elses. If this is what you choose to spend your remaining days doing, it's pretty unfortunately actually. I guess you found your purpose this week however. Glad you found a hobby.

Please leave us alone we have many, many orders to process.

I knew 64 was getting up there, but I had no idea I had one foot in the grave. I never thought of this as a hobby--more like sport really. Anyway, I've got the time while I await my shipment.

Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

RAC, wait til you're MY age, then you'll really be cranky.

I think the fact that he gets a lot of letters like this says something, but he doesn't seem to realize it. Evidently he doesn't need the sales he would have gotten from other Forum members if they'd given you better service. Oh, well.

Well, he begged for it:

(5-17)Show me the 2 day estimate Robert. I beg you to show me where you saw that. Back up your words and show me. Ground shipping clearly states 3-5 days.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.36.35 PM.jpgChris has been kinda hard to reach lately.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Fifty shades of idiot, that's Cristian Gray. Probably a pseudonym, or maybe he's also the CEO and housekeeping supervisor all rolled into one.

Anybody seen Chris?

(5-17)Somebody wake Chris up. It’s not too late to make it right.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC