Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: She planes!!

Re: She planes!!

Congratulations on all the work you have done. I've read all your posts. What a job you have done. Looks great thanks for sharing. Great feeling to have her back in the water I bet. Rich

You should be very proud.
    It's such a HUGE project to undertake between the planning, execution, egos, and of course the stress of the never ending bills.
    When I did the 2nd repower I had to be a referee between the 2 main guys doing the work, everyday for 4 months.
    In the end it couldn't have worked out better for us, looks like you will be at the same place we were which is like getting a new boat.
    Congrats.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Yeah, the amount of time it takes after you get back in the water to get everything straightened out is always shocking. It took us close to 6 months, after getting back in the water, to finish getting everything put back together properly (floor, salon wall, window, galley, updates/upgrades..etc). It was really the small things that kept adding up for us, the 5 thousand runs to lowes or hardware store or harbor freight....etc.

Congrats Pascal, great upgrade to a well deserved hull and Capt

Simply awesome. Congratulations! Thanks for the referral to Lewis Marine. Hell... I’m FROM Maine and I didn’t know about them!Cheers!

No wonder you didnt know about them .... i meant HAMILTON MARINE!

Got the Air Con back on line today...we had to remove one of the chillers to pull the port engine and the master air handle to repair the bulkhead...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

How to reinstall a 100+ pounds chiller single handed

From the galley floor, set up a ladder down the companionway and a board from the companionway up to the shelf in the aft corner... slide the thing in place !
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Top speed with the old naturals was just under 15kts. On the pins at 2300.... the new 54" trim tabs help a lot too
    Congrats Pascal!! Wow so great to see the vid of her on the water, I’ve been watching from the weeds with great interest. And dreaming of the possible...
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Congrats!!!

I'm guessing you're going to get a lot more speed out of the remaining RPM.

Yes the target based on calculations is 20/21kts WOT. We ll see ...

I m taking a lot of weight off the boat. For instance we had to cut the cabinetry along the transom to get to the rudders and steering gear as well as to repair the cracked water table. That panel is at least 3/4" thick if not thicker. The bed needs to be raised 2" because of the new mufflers and there is going to be a lot of weight savings there too. Around the helm I ve already taken out a couple of hundred pounds... the tilt helm console alone must have weighted close to 200lbs... the stuff Hatteras used under the master shower pan was ridiculously heavy...

We re heading to the Exumas for 2 or 3 weeks so nothing will happen before but after we come back we ll do a proper sea trial with the mechanic to validate the installation
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat