Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No more lurking...hello there!

Hello all!

Well, we got stupid and bought a 1965 41DC (number 108, if the number behind the cushion back is any indicator...I haven't checked drawer bottoms yet, the official number has been painted over alas.) She needs TLC, but we're happy to have her. I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks trying to decide if we were making a good choice. And I think we are. It's great to know that we have a great community for support and advice to turn to. I expect I'll be asking a lot of noob questions since this is our first boat (and soon to be first home - after we take care of a few things first.)

Nice to meet you all :-)

Re: No more lurking...hello there!

Welcome. You'll like it here. We have beer!
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Welcome, there are a couple of guys here who will be hard on you ,but they mean well, the rest of us are just nice people. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Don't talk me me, I'm bad.

Actually, I too own a 1965 41DC which would appear to be a little older than yours. We have another member who owns one that's just one number lower than mine (I think) but looks different. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of yours to see how it compares around the salon window area which is where that difference lies.

I've owned mine for 12 years now, so I may be able to help you with any questions you may have. If not, I'll make up something that sounds good.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Best site on the internet
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Welcome. You'll like it here. We have beer!
    What was that? Nobody told me.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    What was that? Nobody told me.
    Me either. I have been buying my own

I didnt want today anything but you've been buying mine too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Yay! Beer! Dark or pale? Never mind, forget I asked...don't want to start any trouble on my first thread

I expect I'll get few gruff responses from a few people, but the Navy gave me a fairly thick skin. My family is thoroughly haze gray - I almost got disowned for considering joining the Coast Guard!

Unfortunately, my only experience on small boats as an adult was line handling a 36' foot sailboat through the Panama canal in the early '90's. So our knowledge with the nuts and bolts is lacking, but we're a hands-on couple and I'm about to get really familiar with our engines and bilges as I clean them up over the next week.

We love old things - we recently finished restoring our '69 VW Beetle. With our youngest leaving the nest this fall, we've got ourselves a ton of projects to focus on - and that's a great thing.

Nice to meet you all! I do have pictures of the boat in an album on my profile if you want to have a look.

If you want to run your boat on one engine, Bird is your man. If you want to cruise on two like most of us do, feel free to post any questions you may have.