Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Nicest classic design Hatteras I have ever seen

Went aboard this past weekend at our Hilton Head Island boat show and was blown away. Normally docked at nearby Wexford plantation. ( Since last posting I have moved to Windmill Harbour on HHI...very cool to live in a house in a marina ! )

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1998...g#.WvMjgGVllo4

Photos don't begin to do it justice...also the "show" price was $850,000...cheap, for what it is. Of course at this size haul outs become a problem in this area....but still, what a yacht...astounding.

Re: Nicest classic design Hatteras I have ever seen

Wow that's one classy gal!
    1985 53 ED "True North"
    Formerly:
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

Surprised the engine room and generator room doesn't look spotless. For that price I would assume they would look as clean as Robert's Aslan.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    Surprised the engine room and generator room doesn't look spotless. For that price I would assume they would look as clean as Robert's Aslan.
    Somehow I missed the generator area but the engine room was still pretty nice...not spotless and a little rust on brackets here and there...but nice enough. A little surprising the turbo filters are not clean oil red color however.

l was thinking the same thing. Spent all that money and the engine and engine room looks a mess.

You sir, are my newest and bestest friend!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

yes and DD power makes it worth less than the CAT power boats, also slower, and less fuel efficient. Very pretty boat though. That joinery does not look Hatteras at all. Nice re-fit, interior and soft goods are very nice ..............Pat

I am sure I know that boat. It was at Thunderbolt Marine when we were there back in 07 or 08. We got a tour as an example of the yard's capabilities. They poured a small fortune into it, on top of what I recall being about a $1mm purchase price then.

Good luck to 'em!
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

This engine room isn't even in the same league as RACs... he did a lot of work and it shows. This one is just alright, nothing special.

Folks should understand that redecorating a boat may please them, but it seldom translates into increased value at sale time. I think this boat is overpriced. Hard to imagine anyone would pony up a BBB for it, esp with DD engines as it has.

Very Nice boat but the DDs are not very desirable since for that kind of money and vintage you can find 3412 boats.

And the ridiculously small aft deck is a deal killer
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat