Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: BOLO Stolen 53MY Florida Gulf Coast

USCG intercepted the boat in Clearwater
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Just saw this update from the owner! LOL

Michael Cauthen UPDATE - Aqua Vida has been located. The Coast Guard stopped the vessel in the Gulf off of Clearwater. The people on the boat claimed Miley Cyrus owned the boat and had given them permission to take the boat from the marine. I would like to thank everyone for sharing and keeping a look out. The boat would not likely have been found so quickly if not for it being spotted by someone on face book. Its great to see the boating community come together to help out a fellow boater. Thanks Again!!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I guess when you are in the Gulf off of Clearwater in a stolen boat and you are stopped by the Coast Guard, you have to say SOMETHING. At least they didn't say it was Prince's boat.

I just hope some news station picks up this story and shows video of the "crew". I think I could have come up with something better than Miley Cyrus. I wonder if the coasties laughed when they were told that story.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Glad it is a better outcome than the 80 Hatt stolen from Miami Beach Marina a couple of years ago
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Wow. Nice to know the boat was found but Miley Cyrus! Hysterical. Definitely suggest adding the kill switch for future.

-DB

Those with Detroits can pull the air shut down dampers when they leave the boat. This will keep Myley Cyrus fans from stealing your boat but not a knowledgeable person.

It's nice to see that the younger generation understands and appreciates the beauty and design of a Hatteras. Maybe Miley owning a Hatt will start a trend.....I'm sure if She tweets about it, it will go viral.

Just saw this update on another forum...

Spoke with an employee at Pete’s Pier. Apparently boat was stolen by some “riff raff” that had been hanging around the marina.

The best part part is how they were caught. Above poster is correct that they were stopped off Clearwater and the whole ridiculous story about Miley Cyrus. However, the reason Coast Guard stopped them is that apparently the perps radio’ed the Coast guard because they were lost and were asking for help. They gave Coast Guard name of the boat and their coordinates, who apparently realized boat name matched up with the BOLO. The rest of history

Another one for the, "you can't make this sh*t up file.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93