Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery Hydration Systems

A few years ago I bought a fill system for my ship's battery bank from Battery Hydration Systems of Charleston SC. I need to replace the plastic couplings that connect the pump to the battery hoses, but I can't find any evidence that these guys are still in business.

Anyone here have this system and/or contact information for a source of replacement parts?

Re: Battery Hydration Systems

I believe they are still in business. I purchased a set from the a year ago. I have their number on the boat and will not be there till Sat. I’ll send the number then unless someone else has it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks, I called their number and tried an email address from when I bought the system - no joy. Maybe you have a better number?

It looks like I might have to find another type of quick connect fitting.

I sent him an email. The president of BHS is listed on LinkedIn.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Here is his LinkedIn info. I’ll still send his cell number late tomorrow night or Saturday morning.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This is the info l have on them. Hopefully they are still in business. 843-501-0042, batteryhyfration@gmail.com, headquarters 17 Lockwood Drive, Charleston, SC 29401. Let us know your findings.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks, I tried the email address and it bounced.

Does anyone here use a difference type of battery fill system with a quick connect between the pump and batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    This is the info l have on them. Hopefully they are still in business. 843-501-0042, batteryhyfration@gmail.com, headquarters 17 Lockwood Drive, Charleston, SC 29401. Let us know your findings.
    That address is a marina.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I use a system I bought from Powerstride batteries in San Diego. Sounds like a similar system to what you are talking about 1-877-576-9379. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I've pretty much determined that Battery Hydration Systems is out of business. I ordered and received a replacement quick connect coupling set from Pro-Fill. It's a quality piece much better than the original.

Unfortunately, while installing the new fittings on the hoses I dislodged one of the battery caps and the float fell into the cell. I ordered some plastic tweezers thinking I would just retrieve the float. NOT SO- the float is lodged between the tops of the plates and to case. The tweezers won't budge it.

I've order a pair of non-metallic pliers in hopes of retrieving the float, but I'm not optimistic. If I can't retrieve the float, hopefully I can buy a Pro-Fill cap/float for this cell (if the stuck float does not obstruct the replacement float).

Any and all ideas of how to remove the stuck float appreciated.