Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Shore Cord Glendinning Access

That's nuts... if velcroed don't just pull it, you will inglue the Velcro. Use a piece of lexan, about 6x24, sanded around the edges and slide it between the panel and the wall

If it slips, have you tried pushing the cable in manually while the motor turns? Or do you feel something just blocking it
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I have tried pushing it in manually. Feels Ike something is blocking it. This a.m., I had about three feet out. After going in and out twenty times ( out stops too), I now only have two feet left. After futzing with it like that, I have to let the motor cool down before the next round. I see what appears to be a friction mark on the side of the cable from going in and out where the dirt has returned back to yellow. I tried lubricating the cable but that made no difference. There must be a twist close by that I can't untwist from the plug end. And, because of that twist, I can't let out more than four feet or so.

Glendinning says without access to the bucket, I am toast.

If you can tell which way the wires are rotated inside the yellow jacket I would try to rotate the same direction while someone else is powering the cable in and out. Unless there is a kink in the cable going the opposite way it should just tighten the loop(s) in the cable and allow it to drop in the bucket.............Pat

I found the bucket on a 1998 74 cmy by removing the linen xabinet in the vip head. Its just forward from there.

That access is behind the toilet ?

Pull out the entire cord on the dock and untwist it. From running them in and out all the time for half the length or less they get twisted in the barrel! If you do this with the help of someone else and run it all the way out and back in several times while untwisting it each time the problem will be solved! Ask me how I know!!! Getting it all out and back in the first few times were like wrestling a really pissed off anaconda!!

At the moment, I am unable to get it out or in.

Quote Originally Posted by petewentsailing View Post
    I found the bucket on a 1998 74 cmy by removing the linen xabinet in the vip head. Its just forward from there.
    I have no linen cabinet in the VIP unless you are referring to below the sink?

On my 70 sport deck it’s next to the steps under the linin closet in the hallway leading to the Midstateroom. Getting to it is a whole other thing. The wall panel going down the steps to the day head on the starboard side bottom of the stairs comes off to access the motor and wheels of the glendening. I had to pull like heck on my cord with someone holding the switch on at the same time to get it out the first time!