Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Clean Bottoms and Performance...duh

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Is the 50-60 gph based on 1825 RPM? My flo scans aren't working and won't know my fuel use until I fill back up from moving the boat. We pretty much ran 1825-1875 the whole way as that seemed to be the sweet spot as far as planing went. I plan on taking her out in the blue water and checking/cleaning the hull, anodes, etc soon. Our marina has a 6 inch viz on a good day along with e coli and flesh eating bacteria so Im not planning on doing it there even though people swim in that junk. Maybe this weekend if the green water has replaced the mud
    55 GPH at 1825 clean.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I was probably 65 then. Do you know the capacity of forward and aft tanks respectively All I can find are totals of 1200'sh even in my manual and survey. I thought somewhere I read close to 700 in aft and 500 forward. I filled the back one up before we left and ran one engine off it and one off the forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I was probably 65 then. Do you know the capacity of forward and aft tanks respectively All I can find are totals of 1200'sh even in my manual and survey. I thought somewhere I read close to 700 in aft and 500 forward. I filled the back one up before we left and ran one engine off it and one off the forward.
    397 fwd 915 aft
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    397 fwd 915 aft
    I think I have fresh fuel in the forward then. I put 150 in before we left and another 185 in at Venice to top it off. Been running one engine off fwd and the other off aft.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    That was very well said, Avenger. When I first meet somebody and they open with how religious they are I grab my wallet and run. That being said I have an over 20 year relationship with a AC/plumbing guy that is in my opinion too vocal with his beliefs and in general irritates the hell out of everyone he first meets with his attitude. But he is a very hard worker, comes when he says, and knocks the work out. I have grown to care about him and consider him a friend. I tell everyone that I refer him to that he is an acquired taste and to be give him a chance,
    Everybody is an individual. Some people wear it on their sleeve and live it, others think their piety entitles them to indulgences. I wouldn't recommend pre-judging anybody, but it does tend to make me keep my guard up.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

A good diver is key to happiness. All divers wear gloves because they have to. I have my diver (for extra $) after normal cleaning go back and do the props a second time bare handed. That way they can feel any imperfections and truly clean them 100%.

This makes all the difference in the world. Clean props with a building rough residue WILL slow you down. During the summer when we have quick growth and its been a couple weeks I go under while at the beach and "detail" my props. Besides something to do I pick up 1 MPH for the ride home. All I am doing is cleaning off tiny tiny barnacles just beginning to grow here and there.

Being in FL I also go to cleaning every 3 weeks in the summer. Whatever I spend extra is more than saved in fuel.