Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marquipt Trouble Shooting

Have an hydraulic leak with my MarQuipt Davit Tender-Lift 1000 w/Hydraulic Boom. Does anyone have a Marquipt installation guide or such they can forward along to help with troubleshooting? Anyone know of a capable technician familiar with MarQuipt Davits in the Daytona Beach, FL area? Thanks.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: Marquipt Trouble Shooting

Where is the leaks can you see it? If it s hose it s pretty easy to replace. If it s a piston it s a lot more comolex and expensive.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Have not found the source of the leak, just found the puddle in the lower part of the davit housing . Was going to start investigating tomorrow. I hope it is a simple fix. Are there any typical hoses and/or connections that are typically suspect?
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Why not just call Marquip? They are usually very helpful, and right down the coast from you.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I ve used mostly Nautical structure or QuickLift so I m not familiar with the Marquita setup

Some have a fairing around the base which can be removed to access hoses. Usually the pump is located away from the base. There are electro valves to activate each function and they can be on the davit itself or on the pump. These can fail too.

I'd look for the source of the leak first, if it a simple any decent yard should be able to fix it. Or indeed call Marquipt and see if they can recommend someone in your area.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

6. Re: Marquipt Trouble Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by GJH View Post
    Why not just call Marquip? They are usually very helpful, and right down the coast from you.
    +1 call them with your model/serial. They are super helpful.

OK, tore into this project yesterday. Began by cleaning up the residual oil sitting in the base of the davit (just inside the access door). Vacuumed up about 1/2 quart of oil. No obvious source of the leak, just the settled pool of oil. Checked all the fitting at the lower unit (Motor & Tank), no apparent leaks or loose connections, topped off tank revisor with approx 1/2 quart. Checked upper unit (davit), took off cover plate and checked hose connections (about 20), no apparent leaks or overly loose fittings. There were 2 or three fittings that took minor adjustment, but nothing significant. Operated davit in all directions, cable full extension, full swing left & right, checked revisor at slightly higher level. Oil had slight air bubbles in revisor (air in one line from unrelated issue) but no apparent leaks detected at lower or upper unit. Finished miscellaneous clean up and reassembled, placed preventive oil rags at upper unit and around swing base. Will continue to monitor over the next month to see if any leaks develop.

Not sure how sensitive hydraulic fittings are, is it possible with the minor adjustments of the few fittings resolved the issue? Or am I just being hopeful???
    Best regards,
    --
    David