Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Noflex Digestor follow up

Good experience with marinesan.com. Easy to order on website, Noflex arrived quickly. As noted above, 16.84 for 4 or more, free shipping over $75.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

When we bought our 43 DCMY in 2016, the prior owners had dryer sheets in the master closet. Turns out they were masking odors from the shower sump below. Several issues needed improvement, but the sump still gave us odor issues periodically. Noflex down the shower drain works wonders. We always drop a bit in before leaving the boat for any length of time. Eileen BeckMaravillas1977 43’ DCMY

Good idea, I’ve been putting an ounce of bleach in there to kill the smell. I also clean it out about once a month so the slimm doesn’t take hold.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Rusty I do the same and also put some in the sink drains. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Folks - just a warning about Noflex.

Used it on a Groco K head and the crystals fatally scoured the softer brass joker valve assembly.

This renders the unit unusable since it allows backflushing of black water past the rings. .. and the cost of a new assembly is strangely almost of the cost of a whole new head.

Beware with other heads and this product... or dissolve it first before tossing it into the head.

The company trying to the fix the head after this situation told me they have had other owners with a similar story.

I also use the Nutralizerx I use to use No Flex but also found the smell very harsh and it bother me I would put it in and flush it down because of the smell. The Nutralizerx doesn't seem to be so harsh and it works better IMO.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

WE use NutralizerX and put 2 scoops down the deck fitting every pump out (weekly as we live aboard). A 1/2 scoop every other day which we let sit to clean and scrub the bowl. It foams and dissolves fairly quickly.

I have also begun to add 2 oz of a bacterial boost product and the vent odors are now completely gone. It costs $12/quart and after a month I still have 3/4 of the bottle. The gassing issue is, from my research, due to only having one vent for the tank which precludes any cross ventilation to the tank. This allows the anaerobic (stinky) bacteria to thrive.