Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Noflex Digestor follow up

I started using Noflex Digestor in my holding tank last season after reading about it here. I was very pleased with the results. My holding tank vent went from hideous to zero smell within a week or so. I just went to reorder some and found that Fisheries Supply has it on sale for $16.50 per bottle. See: https://www.fisheriessupply.com/zaal...minator-noflex

If you spend $100 or more, shipping is free.

Also, while googling to find where I wanted to buy it, I came across a review that did an experiment with the stuff. Interesting reading: http://littlecunningplan.com/2016/10...-with-science/
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Noflex Digestor follow up

Interesting article, we also believe in theNoflex for the clean smelling heads alone, luckily I have a wholesale account at Fisheries Supply, they are a terrific company to do business with. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thanks for the heads-up Bob.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Quote Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up Bob.
    I see what you did there.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

If you buy this direct and buy 6 or more they will sell it for 16.00. You have to ask. Great product.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have been using it and think I notice a difference as in less odor. Do chemical cleaning products kill the bacteria(???) that does the trick?

Chemical products should NOT be used with Noflex. They do kill the bacteria, including the beneficial noflex bacteria that "eat" the anaerobic bacteria which cause the stink. You should only use their cleaning products, as they do not kill the good stuff.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I use Nutralizerx now (used Noflex previously). The maker of Nutralizer has told me repeatedly that bowl cleaners, chlorine and strong acid will cause a reaction creating hydrogen sulfide within a minute or so of it hitting the holding tank. My SO was totally distraught to learn she could not loner use her SnoBowl cleaner!

Although not as good as Snobowl, i leave some nutralizerx in the bowl for 10-15 minutes, scrub with a bowl brush and it does clean the porcelain pretty well.

Bob, it is my understanding neither Noflex or nutralizerx contain bacteria cultures. Steve has done extensive testing of both his product and Noflex and they contain the same materials albeit in different percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    I use Nutralizerx now (used Noflex previously). The maker of Nutralizer has told me repeatedly that bowl cleaners, chlorine and strong acid will cause a reaction creating hydrogen sulfide within a minute or so of it hitting the holding tank. My SO was totally distraught to learn she could not loner use her SnoBowl cleaner!

Although not as good as Snobowl, i leave some nutralizerx in the bowl for 10-15 minutes, scrub with a bowl brush and it does clean the porcelain pretty well.

Bob, it is my understanding neither Noflex or nutralizerx contain bacteria cultures. Steve has done extensive testing of both his product and Noflex and they contain the same materials albeit in different percentages.
    Great post. I use the Nutralizerx because I think it's a better product. It's also a lot quicker arriving coming from FL.

It does not take much of any chlorine cleaners to make either product useless. I try to do any of that cleaning prior to a pump out, but the remaining residue usually still defeats the product. It's impossible to pump out, refill and re-pump my 370 tanks while the p/o boat is alongside.

I agree that leaving some product in the bowl does a good job of keeping things clean. If you're using household cleaners in your heads, then save the cost of either Noflex or Nutralizerx and invest in gas masks. But, and this is a biggie, both products continue to liquify and that ain't bad news at all.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

2x on using Noflex (or NeutralizeRx) as bowl cleaner. I sprinkle it around the bowl, let sit a few minutes, then brush. Seems to work great, and one less product on the boat. BTW, the sale is over at Fisheries Supply. I’m trying marinesan.com, 16.84 for 4 or more, free shipping over $75.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL