Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Gauge

Fuel Gauge

So, I keep forgetting to ask - on my 1972 43 DC I have no fuel gauges. I have a dip-stick but would love the option of looking at a gauge for the tanks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Fuel Gauge

Are you sure there isn’t one on the tank. Should be under the floor.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Under the floor? Where under the floor? I have looked high and low. The tanks are in the aft cabin under the beds .. I don't see any fuel gauges back there or in the engine room ...

See PM I sent you.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Another one
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I borrowed this photo from another post showing the gauge. Did you find yours?
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have not been down to the boat to look. Is that picture from below deck, engine room? Or is it from the floor in the aft cabin near the tanks? Any clue?

Back in the early 70's the 43 DC's came equipped with a "high tech" fuel gauge called a dip stick. I had a
    1973 back then and it had a 200 gal fuel tank under each bunk in the master. The dip stick was a
    folding affair that was actually pretty reliable if not convenient to use. Mine did not have the sight gauge
    that we all love (lol). A few years ago there were a few threads here about various gauges including
    those with remote senders.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by JPBuffalo View Post
    I have not been down to the boat to look. Is that picture from below deck, engine room? Or is it from the floor in the aft cabin near the tanks? Any clue?
    No clue where those are. As mentioned mine are in the hallway of my 53’ MY. I have a friend with a 1973 53’. He has 3 tanks. Two in the hallway floor and one in the bed closet floor. But as mentioned in the last post your year may not have them. Sorry I can’t be anymore help.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

10. Re: Fuel Gauge

The WEMA sensors fit good and come in variable lengths / custom length so you can tailor them to your tank. If you want to move away from the mechanical stuff this is not a bad way to go.
    WP_20160827_14_05_11_Rich.jpg

http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/level...ater.shtml#S5U
    Last edited by MVCaprice; 06-08-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added link.