Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: CCTV with no wifi

Thanks Pascal. Still hoping the Y.C's IT vendor will figure out a solution for me as their reconfigured system wiped me out. If they cannot, it looks like the PC based system is what I will go with. I might even have the laptop already.

The nice thing about a PC instead of a laptop is that you can mount the monitor at or near the helm and put the PC away under the helm Takes less space than a laptop especially with a wireless keyboard and mouse

If you have a FLIR system on the boat you can also send it to that monitor and save precious screen space on the MFDs
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Unfortunately, my server is on the bridge. Whatever I put up there, laptop or monitor, might not last too long. So, I checked around and 4 channel dvr's with p2p seem to be pretty inexpensive, if I need to go that route. I should know in a few days and will, of course, have more question if I am left to my own devices(g).

4. Re: CCTV with no wifi

You would keep the axis and just logon to the PC to view the cameras through the PC's web browser or DVR client. Also with team viewer it runs as a service so you can just logon to it after it restarts. It works quite well and is free for non commercial use.

5. Re: CCTV with no wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The nice thing about a PC instead of a laptop is that you can mount the monitor at or near the helm and put the PC away under the helm Takes less space than a laptop especially with a wireless keyboard and mouse

If you have a FLIR system on the boat you can also send it to that monitor and save precious screen space on the MFDs
    Yep agreed. I have a dual monitor fix mounted and a big dell under the helm. I run Open CPN on the PC as well as the DVR client (and some other NEMA 2000 nav apps) and have a wireless keyboard. It works quite well. I also use it as a file server for music and movies when i am away from the dock.

Thanks to all for putting up with these IT questions.

What axis gear do you have? They are a great system company and may be able to add on and do what you want to do easily.

I sell it into commercial applications because its bullet proof when setup right. Its not cheap but its not sold a harbor freight either.

FWIW axis cameras ( certain models) and encoders interface with the newer garmin screens really well.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks Scott. My Y.C. has not completely bailed on me yet. They are looking for the right DVR with P2P. The one they found has a 6-8 week build time. I said no way. They agreed. Their search for me continues.

Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks. I will pass it along.