Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: My 48 MY is for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Bob has taken a turn for the worse and is now in a hospice unit. I anyone would like to contact his
    family regarding the boat, please send me your contact information and I will be sure to get it to them.
    This is a very sad time for us as Bob has been a very dear friend for many years.

Regarding fuel consumption etc., as most of you probably know Bob made annual trips from Baltimore
    Yacht Club to Fla and back. His normal cruising speed was about 8 -8 1/2 K with a fuel burn of about
    6 gph or less. The boat has 6-92's rated at 425 hp and the boat can run on plane at about 15 -16 K
    easily. I don't know what the WOT because I doubt he ever tried it. He did run the boat up on plane
    for a few minutes every day or two to keep everything going well.

Gayle has service records, and documentation for all the various things that have been done on the boat
    including a fairly current survey. This is probably the best maintained 48 Series I out there.

Walt
    I am so sorry to hear this, Walt. Please pass along my best wishes to him and his loved ones.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I don't know Bob personally, but I did exchange some info, replies and comment to and from him. As one other member said, he sounds like a great man and I'm saddened to hear of his issues.
    All my best to him and his family and friends.
    Prayers ........

Sorry to hear that Bob is so ill!

Prayers for Bob and his family!