Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 48 MY is for Sale

Unfortunately my 1981 48MY is for sale. I'm in hospital with out access to the boat and computers but you can find plenty of pictures in my photo gallery. I need to get her sold by hurricane season. Chateau De Mer is in beautiful condition, set up to cruise or live aboard. The interior is immaculate, no water stains etc. It has two wall wall hugger recliners and a large sofa with three storage compartments.

The best I can do t this point is provide a detailed insurance survey from early this year. It lists all the components and features. I also maintain a very detailed maintenance log which you are welcome to see. I have the full set of blue prints for the boat.

Both engines were majored by the PO and I have the records and receipts. I ran these at 1000-1100 hours for economical cruise.

The boat is in Port St Lucie, FL at the condo docks. Send me a PM with contact information and I'll send you the survey. No reasonable offer refused. And no brokers yet.

Bobk

Re: My 48 MY is for Sale

First I wish you the best and hope everything will go well. As far as the boats go's i'm sure knowing Bob it's tip top condition sold mine a ways back and really miss her.
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Get better soon Bob!

Sorry to hear you're in the hospital, and I know that parting with the boat has to be a tough decision. She's a beauty for sure with tons of good memories. All the best to you, Bob.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Good luck Bob. She's definitley a beauty!

Very best wishes. Robert
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Hi. What is cruising speed and fuel consumption for this motoryacht?

Bob has taken a turn for the worse and is now in a hospice unit. I anyone would like to contact his
    family regarding the boat, please send me your contact information and I will be sure to get it to them.
    This is a very sad time for us as Bob has been a very dear friend for many years.

Regarding fuel consumption etc., as most of you probably know Bob made annual trips from Baltimore
    Yacht Club to Fla and back. His normal cruising speed was about 8 -8 1/2 K with a fuel burn of about
    6 gph or less. The boat has 6-92's rated at 425 hp and the boat can run on plane at about 15 -16 K
    easily. I don't know what the WOT because I doubt he ever tried it. He did run the boat up on plane
    for a few minutes every day or two to keep everything going well.

Gayle has service records, and documentation for all the various things that have been done on the boat
    including a fairly current survey. This is probably the best maintained 48 Series I out there.

Walt

Bob had a few small issues ( fuse and battery switch) caught on the last survey. The original installation did not have fuses for his charger/inverter if memory serves. I was there in January adding them to bring it up to spec for the survey.

Bob does not cut corners on Maintenance.

By the way My wife and I had lunch with he and Gail and had a great time. Such wonderful people. Its always great to meet our fellow hatt enthusiasts.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thank you for the replies. Prayers to Bob. He sounds like a wonderful person.