Made the first long voyage on the Southern Drawl on Monday & Tuesday. Went from the Tchefuncte River on the North Shore of Lake Ponchatrain (where I bought her) to Port Fourchon, our home port. Since my radar still isn't working along with the river being high making the locks a challenge we decided to break into two days and make the 200 mile journey. First day we went into the Lake then through the Rigolets and 3 draw bridges. Made it into the MS sound and Chandeleur Sound navigating to Baptiste Collette out of Venice. Spent the night at the Cypress Cove Marina in Venice then made our way down the Mississippi to the Gulf through Southwest Pass. Current in the river was so swift we were making 20 knots at 1800 RPM but 16 knots everywhere else. Made it to the pass at Fourchon around noon on Tuesday. The boat ran well and the only mechanical issue we had was the port engine didnt won't to shut off at the dock when we arrived. I manually moved the solenoid and will save that project for another day. Here are some pics

IMG_2071.jpg
Sitting at Cypress Cove Marina in Venice. Current was tough getting in here and coming out
IMG_2079.jpg
A sailboat with alot of passengers getting towed up river in Southwest Pass. The rope was fairly slack so we are thinking the auxiliary engine couldn't handle the current and the tug was just to assist
IMG_2073.jpg
Sitting in our new spot. The previous tenant went with me and informed me the hose from the fuel dock will reach my boat. That will be nice being able to fuel without moving boat. Looking forward to being back home with a new to me Hatteras