Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

West Marine Owned by International Paper

I'm having some paint work done on the boat, and my painter wanted to get the paint and related stuff from West; he likes their points or whatever it is they give out. No problem for me, just told him to use their price match and bring me the receipts.

Going over the books, I see the results:

Interlux Perfection paint reduced to $65.61 from $99.99
    Interlux 2333N reducer reduced to $22.67 from $38.99
    Redtree foam roller pack reduced to $4.45 from $9.29

and my favorite...

Marine Tex 2 oz. reduced to $12.55 from $27.99

I'm not sure whether to be glad for the 41% savings or mad for the extra 41% they've been ripping folks. Anyway, I determined that West is just a front for Int'l Paper. From the amount of paper generated from each transaction, can there be any doubt?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: West Marine Owned by International Paper

Seems to me I heard that West is owned by Warren Buffet. And I think he also owns BOAT/US and probably GEICO.

I hate their 48" long receipts

A few weeks ago I went to order the 54" trim tab kit for my boat... list was like $1300... not showing up on port supply so they call a manager who said... $990. Still high so I get on line on my phone and search. The sales person who I know does the same on the store computer and she found a site I had never heard of advertising something under $800. Deal.

I think the problem is that they were getting beat up by online merchants and they had to Do something.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Not sure I'd use Interlux for anything except maybe an ancillary attachment. I have always used the original Imron or now the new Imron Axalta stuff.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Not sure I'd use Interlux for anything except maybe an ancillary attachment. I have always used the original Imron or now the new Imron Axalta stuff.
    You may be right. Not doing huge area. Time will tell.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I’ve called and complained about those F-ing 3 foot receipts they give out. All the employees say everyone complains about it but corporate doesn’t seem to concern themselves with. WM should start listening to who pays their bills. Idiots!
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I like new WM they have been told to deal and price match.
    Bob

I would still rather deal with local merchants, pay a bit more, and contribute to the local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    I like new WM they have been told to deal and price match.Bob
    I don’t think WM would be in this situation had they not taken advantage of their customers to the extent they did. I think most understand the difference in making a fair profit and rape.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I don’t think WM would be in this situation had they not taken advantage of their customers to the extent they did. I think most understand the difference in making a fair profit and rape.
    See also: GE

hahahah
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381