Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Get ready for it...Insurance Renewal

Don't forget the owner's getting the highest quote they can so they can sell their boat to the insurance company and then stating it's not such a big deal to fix it.

They should be the ones that the insurance companies go after first.

This Way the rest of us don't get stuck buying their boat from them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Don't forget the owner's getting the highest quote they can so they can sell their boat to the insurance company and then stating it's not such a big deal to fix it.

They should be the ones that the insurance companies go after first.

This Way the rest of us don't get stuck buying their boat from them.
    Scott, I agree. This is just the way it is here in America. Many work hard, so a few do not have to. After working all week, I get a reasonable sized steak, and a moderately priced bottle of wine. Look in the cart next to me and that low life has a several filets, huge cold water tails, expensive wine, and pays with 4 snap cards.

Same with the boat. Last storm, my son and I were the first ones at the marina, had to sweet talk the cop to let us in. We spent the first 3 hours prying boats off of cross tie lines that drifted in from the "anchorage" out in the river. They were inches from yellow and blue painting my hull, not to mention the rusty 20 feet of chain they were anchored to dragging across the swim platform of the boat 5 feet away.

I had to secure them as not to get their hanger rash. Guess who got painted first.

Any how, life goes on.

Sometime PM me, I need your help one of these days you come to Daytona Beach. Need to update a couple of Ray Marines.

Tim

How's Wednesday?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

You guys are dealing with the wrong folks. Just got an email letting me know my boat policy is renewing at the same rate as last year. Insured for loss and liability.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Robert what company are you with? It seems everyone is getting increased renewals so please share who the right folks are.

-DB

My agent is Garrison Rudisill, Maritime Int Ins. in Charleston. Garrison@maritimeii.com. Policy underwritten by New Hampshire Life.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I have New Hampshire also, through Jack Martin in Annapolis. Renee Novak has been great over the years.
    Hoping for that same good news. Mine is up in July.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    My agent is Garrison Rudisill, Maritime Int Ins. in Charleston. Garrison@maritimeii.com. Policy underwritten by New Hampshire Life.
    And then there is insurance in Florida. I think that is where the sharpest pinch happened.
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    And then there is insurance in Florida. I think that is where the sharpest pinch happened.
    Clearly. While the premium remained constant, there were three new addendums. I’m now not covered for radioactivity or biological attacks. Sorta indicates what the future might hold from an actuarial’s point of view. Pile the sandbags just a little higher.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

What about a zombie apocalypse?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.