Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 1989 Hatteras 78' "Amelia"

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    Thanks, and I lost that info you hooked me up with before I had a chance to call the real-estate co. One came back from inpellis and haven't heard from anyone else yet. Here is what I got from the broker before I came here, asking him to forward my offer to the owner he said was interested in what I was offering, FULL Asking Price.
    "Sorry no thanks Please remove me from your mailing list" CAPTAIN JEFF PALMER Yacht Broker/Captain 3,000 Ton from United Yachts
    Could it be an autorepsonder email? Did he mistake your email for a scammer? Have you tried contacting him by phone?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You may want to engage a buyers broker. The seller got a listing broker for a reason. A good buyers broker may be able to straighten this out. Your current course is destined for failure.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

If you mean the broker, no. Tried to seal with a lot of them, only concerned in themselves, not the seller or buyer and now have a list of the ones (99%) that I would never list with. Now I know why so many of these yachts have been up for sale so long. Trying to relocate the link that was removed that listed possibilities, one a Dr. in NJ, I think Dogerty. Not giving up yet, even though it is 5,000 mile from here and to ship it $60,000
    Thanks you guys.

Whoops, looks like [h=2]Patrick T. Mooney M.D.[/h]May be the owner, but no contact info yet and I can't imagine him getting mad at some one wanting to buy his yacht that brokers are miss handling.

Yes there are some jerk brokers out there just like there are jerks in any business... if you re all upset about one email response which couod be a mistake, try calling the broker. Many sellers and brokers see red flags when someone offers full price, sight unseen, long distance. Typical scam. JUst pick up the phone
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

No problem and thanks every body, but looks like we'll be buying the 1990 Hatteras $475k in Florida.

Probably better all around. Generally when a deal starts out with problems, the one thing you are guaranteed is more of them. Better to buy a boat where the process goes reasonably well from the beginning.

What boat in Florida?
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”