Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1989 Hatteras 78' "Amelia"

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    If they have your name the broker can sue you for lost earnings if you go direct and buy the boat. Well at least here in California they can. But then again everyone sues everyone out here. Good luck.
    Only happens if the broker loses commission. No need for you to pay the broker on top of your purchase price. Broker is employed by the seller who needs to pay the fee, best escrowed at closing by Counsel and released with indemnification.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    For some reason the Owner field is empty in the USCG database. Home port is West New York, NJ?

How about contacting the marina where the boat is located and have them ask the owner to get in touch?
    Owner is a NJ corporation. Only cost me $6.25 to find that out. Apparently NJ charges for everything...most states give the basic information for free. Buyer owes me a beer upon purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post

I had to do all of this to buy our boat. the owner was a dream, and the broker kept his mouth shut.

good luck.
    I have learned to loath brokers. Smarmy. Won't shake hands with another one. Just feign a bad head cold, decline the hand shake, minimize the smarm.

Most often the broker does not represent the character of the seller.

Just e-mailed him, we'll see and Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    If your email doesn't work out, call the real estate company. I made an assumption that there are not 2 Dr. Patrick Mooney's in that area. that may be incorrect.
    the property company is definitely related to the boat ownership.
    I would think a phone call placed that began with "I'm calling because I am trying to buy his boat" would prompt a rapid response. Brokers of all types over control the process.

Posting all that private information on a forum is not a good idea... wither the poster of a mod needs to pull it asap. Send it via PM
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    I have learned to loath brokers. Smarmy. Won't shake hands with another one. Just feign a bad head cold, decline the hand shake, minimize the smarm.

Most often the broker does not represent the character of the seller.
    Not all brokers are scum. The ones that aren't have a harder time because of the bad ones.

Similarly not all buyers are upstanding either. Some convince owners to screw over brokers.

And not all customers pay their bills. Seems there's dirtbags in all parts of the boating world.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Deleted the contact info. By the way, that was all public record, and free.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Thanks, and I lost that info you hooked me up with before I had a chance to call the real-estate co. One came back from inpellis and haven't heard from anyone else yet. Here is what I got from the broker before I came here, asking him to forward my offer to the owner he said was interested in what I was offering, FULL Asking Price.
    "Sorry no thanks Please remove me from your mailing list" CAPTAIN JEFF PALMER Yacht Broker/Captain 3,000 Ton from United Yachts

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    Thanks, and I lost that info you hooked me up with before I had a chance to call the real-estate co. One came back from inpellis and haven't heard from anyone else yet. Here is what I got from the broker before I came here, asking him to forward my offer to the owner he said was interested in what I was offering, FULL Asking Price.
    "Sorry no thanks Please remove me from your mailing list" CAPTAIN JEFF PALMER Yacht Broker/Captain 3,000 Ton from United Yachts
    look up the address of where it is tied up i think you said a private residence. Very easy to look up the tax records. Put your big boy britches on and knock on the door. Nobody home look at tax records the bill goes somewhere. You may not find the owner but you will get close.