Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radar arch

Radar arch

Has any one replaced the fly bridge radar mast with an arch or hard top. The mast limits the fly bridge usefulness. 81 56 my

Re: Radar arch

My boat had a hydraulic arch OEM (according to some old Hatteras employees, referred to as their Great Loop modification.). Very nice feature. Made it easy to service running lights/anchor lights and various stuiff mounted on there. Also allowed the use of the double bimini pictured in my avatar which I loved having in hot weather. I noted that when we had occasion to pull the salon headliner, that the deck had been drilled to accommodate a mast. Not sure if that was SOP at the factory or if the boat started out to have a mast and was switched in production (??)
    Anyway if you look at the brochure, it appears some sort of arch was standard equipment. Marquipt makes them and I think made mine. You could give them a call.

http://www.marquipt.com/products/23.html
    Last edited by GJH; 03-25-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I didn’t have a mast but a SS 2” tube was installed and it is beautiful. Only issue is with the arch, satellite domes, radar, it’s to high to fit undercover if I wanted too.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

My 1984 61MY boat was delivered from the factory without a mast to Hatteras of Ft Lauderdale who put a Marquip hard top on it. The sides of the original Hatteras radar arch are incorporated into the design. The radar array sits on the top of the old arch which is encompassed by the hardtop roof.

An alternative is an aluminum arch made by Atlantic towers. Very good quality and fairly easy to install. They are made semi custom to fit your boat and are around $2000.00 give or take. I helped a friend install one and it came with mounting plates and all the hardware. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Where are they based?

I guess I'm missing the point as I know your mast is hinged.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The wife wants a bar up there and full cover Bimini. The mast doesn't fit under the dock roof, so it's down laying the full length of the bridge. Thinking of covering in solar panels to cut down on generator use.It's a project for a few years from now, but planning is half the fun.

I think in Maryland but they ship to the west coast even, not to expensive. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Do u have pix?