Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Annapolis to Cape May

Looking for some general info from anyone who has made the run. Having a Capt make the run on a 53MY for me then I come aboard in the Cape and run up to my slip on LBI. Looking for any good places to stop if there's any mechanical issues or need to fuel up. I figured Schaefers would be a good spot to overnight. Any local info would be great, Thanks.

Re: Annapolis to Cape May

Summit, on the canal near the del is a popular stop. Ive always done it in one shot or anchoring near the mouth of the Bohemia, pretty spot. In the spring with longer days its doable in one day at hull speed.

Weather and tide in the lower del is critical, it can get real nasty with incoming tide against northerly winds
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I have made that run many times and I agree with Pascal that the run can be done in one day during
    the longer spring days. Also agree about watching conditions on the lower Delaware Bay...gets real
    nasty at times. While I have stayed at Summit North Marina many times, if you decide to overnight
    in the canal, I would recommend Chesapeake City across from Schafers. There are quite a few places
    to eat in town or right adjacent to the marina. Just don't let them put you in a slip right next to the
    canal. We made that mistake about 20 yrs ago and were waked up by a tug boat throwing a big wake
    that really got our attention. Schafers is subject to the same wake conditions but Chesapeake City at
    least has a decent choice of restaurants. I'm not sure if Summit North still has an operating restaurant
    since they don't seem to say in business very long and when they did, the food was IMO at best a 3 out
    of 10.

Walt
    Last edited by Walter P; 03-21-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Yep, Chesapeake City is the place to stay on the Canal.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I'm getting an odd vibe from the capt I set up to deliver my boat. Can anyone recommend a capt I could use if this one backs out for some reason. I spoke with another capt Juan Watson but he never contacted me after our initial conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    I'm getting an odd vibe from the capt I set up to deliver my boat. Can anyone recommend a capt I could use if this one backs out for some reason. I spoke with another capt Juan Watson but he never contacted me after our initial conversation.
    Try calling Art Cox at Anchor Bay Marina in Dundalk. He or one of his guys could do it if they have time and they know Hatts well.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014