Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Closed on 53 ED

Re: Closed on 53 ED

Quote Originally Posted by holtcl View Post
    Ours has the 892s, each with 465HP I believe. Here are some pics where we are starting the salon refit- a before (1985 time capsule) and "during"...will post more as progress is made.

Cheryl
    Those are 6v92's at 465hp.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

She will certainly be faster than your old 53, which I think had 8-71 naturals, IIRC. So this boat ought to be noticeably faster.

Typo- it's 6v92s. I still can't get my mind around the 6v piece as the past two boats I've had had 8V71 naturals. But yes, I anticipate a little more speed with this one, which was part of the goal!

Cheryl
    1985 53 ED "True North"
    Formerly:
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Back when I lived in Panama City Beach, Fla. a close friend bought a new 1984 ED and as I recall he
    paid somewhere in the 7 hundreds for it. That was before electronics etc.

Walt
    Hi Walt,

I own a 1982 43' DCFB wit J/T 6-71 N's.

Would you know how about how much they were brand new back then?

Thanks!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

In 1971, when my Hatteras was built, they were, in that range, about a thousand a foot- I think mine cost between 35K and 40K. Allowing for inflation, I am going to guess that yours was 60K when new. We'll see how close I get.

Don't know how accurate these are, but I got one for our 58. If nothing else, very interesting to read & was in perfect condition. It has the specs of the boat plus the options & cost for the options.

http://www.autolit.com/Store/1982-ha...-brochure.html

http://www.autolit.com/Store/1982-hatteras-double-triple-cabin-43-power-boat-specifications-brochure.html

Very interesting to see how drastically the prices changed in a few years.

Randy
    Last edited by HahnR; 03-26-2018 at 08:36 AM.

HahnR,

Thank you so much!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

I had student loans at 18% back then. Yikes...

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I think my 1973 DC with 6-72 JT's cost me around $140,000.00 . I should still have some of the
    original paperwork on it somewhere in my archives. If I come across it I'll post it. My second 43 was
    actually a triple cabin originally and the 3rd "cabin" was converted to a dinette (starboard side). It
    was a 1980 model and I bought that one used from a bank. It only had a few hundred hours on it so
    I made them an offer and they took it. It was a great boat as are the 43's in general.

Walt.

Thanks, Sky. I have trouble posting pics here. Now I see the second link I posted for the 43 Double Cabin spec sheet doesn't work & i can't find it on the Autolit site anymore