Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

No Name harbor anchorage

We are planning our first trip to the Exumas Cat Cay to Berries to Nassau to Staniel Cay. Currently in Dania
    Beach and when weather settles thinking about anchoring in No Name Harbor for possible crossing
    this Monday. Marinas full and moorings won't accommodate a 50 ft boat. Would hate to leave a secure
    slip to find no place to anchor. Does anybody have any recent information about how crowded No Name
    Harbor is at the present time?

Re: No Name harbor anchorage

It s always packed. You re better off anchoring on the west side of KB just south of KBYC unless it's really blowing from The west

We re heading back to the Exumas this week end, we need to be in Gtown by Wed. Probably leaving Sunday morning early as Wind will pick up Sunday night. Monday thru Wed doesn't look good so we re planning on running straight thru to the Exumas. Will probably cross at 20/22 to Cat and then hull speed the rest of the way

From Dania you could leave out of Port Everglades. You ll loose a little bit of speed in the stream but not worth coming to Miami.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Actually tonight s forecast has shifted and Monday looks real good. But building up in the evening
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

4. Re: No Name harbor anchorage

Another alternative is Miami Marine Stadium; good in almost any wind condition.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Thank you Pascal. I reviewed your post re going to Berry's and anchoring out to dingy to nearby island and
    we were planning on following your suggestions re provisioning and fueling in Nassau prior to crossing over to
    Highbourne Cay to start our cruise of the Exumas. I will be following the weather closely and may cross directly
    to Bimini to get through the gulf stream quickly than head south to clear in at Cat Cay. Our plan was to spend
    the night at Cat Cay per Fanfare's suggestion as it would be a long day for the Admiral to go directly to
    the Berries. Since it is our first trip over I am trying to make it as relaxing as possible for the Admiral with
    the hope that I can allay her fears and have repeat trips. I will send you a PM.

Cat cay isnt much further even from FTL. The entrance is easier and clearing is much faster than BIM.

Anchoring out around Chub or Bird isnt going to be fun with 20kts tuesday - thursday.

Easiest place to fuel in NAS is harbor central, on the south side of harbor before / west of bridges and Bay street narina. Much better dock than decrepit hurricane hole and same price.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat