Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

GOLO Winch question

Anyone know how to connect a standard reversing rotary switch from a boat lift to one of these? Seems like the one on the remote is a custom Salzar rotary. Mine crapped out this past weekend. This is the second switch that has gone bad. Attached is the wiring diagram from Cordem. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

2. Re: GOLO Winch question

Sorry for the dumb question, but have you just called GOLO and tried to order a new switch? I ordered from them last summer no problem....Are you just sick of the failures? I think this will be our third since 2011!
    Last edited by MVCaprice; 03-20-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Re: GOLO Winch question

Yeah, just tired of the failures and not being able to get a switch locally. The barrel switch is tough to use as well.

If that is that old style switch that is built like a wedding cake inside, ditch it. I went through two of them and finally bought the newer “in/out” (“push the button” kind, rather than the “twist the knob” kind). My only regret was not buying the newer style the first time I replaced that other one.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

5. Re: GOLO Winch question

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    If that is that old style switch that is built like a wedding cake inside, ditch it. I went through two of them and finally bought the newer “in/out” (“push the button” kind, rather than the “twist the knob” kind). My only regret was not buying the newer style the first time I replaced that other one.
    Wait they have up down push buttons!?!? Do they fit in the same round plastic case? Can you share a picture? I wish this used a simple toggle like our old Nick Jackson David. That was much nicer!

Here's one of their push-button models. Give them a call, they are typically very helpful. Complain about your experience while you are at it.
    https://cordem.com/control-rpnt-w-qd.html

We never had any issues with the newer "twist top" control, and it got very heavy year around use. But I would have opted for the push button had it been available when we replace the 30 year old OEM box.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Question Re: GOLO Winch question

The one we have is the barrel or twist type and they don't last. Called Cordem, they said the button type switches are part of a different control board set-up. You would basically need to take the old system off and throw it away. Then put on a new control box and remote ($680). I was just going to use a standard davit control from a boat lift or hoist. These are less than $100 with a waterproof housing. Problem is that I need to know how to jumper the connections to the new switch. Golo uses an 8 terminal switch and lifts use 6.