Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody Wax

Re: Woody Wax

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    I have used it on metal for years. Best product but just so darn expensive.
    It is expensive if you don't follow directions. I think it's a great value because it takes hardly any to do a job. I'm thinking maybe 4 trigger pulls for all the foredeck railing on my boat, for example.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

My radar in my boat quit working today and my fish finder has been messing up intermittently too. I tried a new radome but still getting a "scanner not responding" code. Called Raymarine and they said they no longer work on my electronics due to their age. Said it sounded like a cord issue but used a different cord. My question is how much woody wax do I need to spray on my electronics and how long do I need to let it sit to get everything working properly again?

Woody wax only works on northstar and datamarine electronics.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have a data marine temp indicator and corininthian repeater in bridge. If it will fix them I will buy some

I rubbed some on my forehead the other day and it stood up for two days and two showers. Should be alright for Raymarine stuff.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Tried soap, polishing compound also and extremely impressed by both. Have a sample of the caruaba wax. Used it on small area only, and it buffed up great. Will wax boat soon and report.

Yesterday, tried the Woody Wax on eisenglass. Very happy with results. Maybe I can reduce array of products on boat.
    Would it be okay for plexiglass (corner windows in pilot house)?
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Would it be okay for plexiglass (corner windows in pilot house)?
    The Woody Wax non-skid wax would work well based on my experience to shine it up and offer some protection. Can't comment if it's scratch removal you're after.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Robert,

I was thinking of using on my glass windows at the lower helm station. Might it work better then RainX?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    Robert,

I was thinking of using on my glass windows at the lower helm station. Might it work better then RainX?

Jon
    I did my salon windows (exterior). Beading up isn't important there, but I did notice the usual streaks of stuff on windows when I come back after a few days are greatly reduced.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC