Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody Wax

Woody Wax

So what's the prevailing long term view of those that have used their products? Sounded like a bit of snake oil, but I ordered a bottle. I was more than pleased with it on my non-skid. I wasn't too sure I'd be able to keep from sliding off my side decks on application, but the traction came back after drying. I was also extremely happy after applying it to polished aluminum. I was impressed with the difference up close and a quarter mile away from the bridge.

I emailed a question to them and got an immediate phone call and some free other products. I asked another question and more stuff. They sure seem to have customer service down pat.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Woody Wax

So I'm going to update. I am not affiliated or acquainted with anyone at Woody Wax.

The Woody Wax nonskid treatment brought my tired non-skid areas back to life. It took 2-3 applications, but that's because I didn't keep up with it. They claim the decks will clean up in a snap after treatment. Today was the first time I was able to hose off bird crap from both my decks and the railings without brushing. The stuff floated off under a jet of water.

WW also claims that the stuff will bring oxidized aluminum back to a bright shine. I did all of my railings and tower aluminum, and I can see the boat shining from the bridge a quarter mile from the marina two weeks later.

They claim you can use WW on wood. I've done my entire interior and the wood never looked this good. Also gives the cabins a fresh smell.

WW sent me a sample of their pine soap. They claim 1-oz to 5 gallons lifts the dirt and leaves the wax. I ordered a quart because the stuff cleaned better than anything I've used. PLUS, it rinsed off clean without all the little suds stalactites hanging on the railings.

WW sent me a sample of their polishing compound. I had a decent shine after polishing with Finesse-it II. After going over the same area with WW compound, I got an order of magnitudes brighter shine. They claim the media starts aggressive and then breaks down as you buff.

The stuff sounded like snake oil from the advertisement. A guy on the dock dared me to put the stuff on a pair of shoes.

IMG_8937.jpg

One pass.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Sounds and looks too good to be true, but I can't argue with your success. I can't but wonder how it
    works so well on so many disparate materials from leather to metal. I will have to try it.

BTW, the term "Woody" usually brought a different image to mind....... Unless they were so impressed
    with the result of their product that that was the ultimate result. lol

Walt

It’s. Not right that s guy thinks about another guys wood. Stop it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Sounds and looks too good to be true, but I can't argue with your success. I can't but wonder how it
    works so well on so many disparate materials from leather to metal. I will have to try it.

BTW, the term "Woody" usually brought a different image to mind....... Unless they were so impressed
    with the result of their product that that was the ultimate result. lol

Walt
    I was going to wax my woody, but how can you improve on perfection?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I used it on my boat metal this week and brought the metal that had been unattended for years back to life. Probably need a second application. I used the bronze wool they recommended. I also used it on a long pole but was disappointed as the directions said no rubbing was necessary and I found that not to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    So what's the prevailing long term view of those that have used their products? Sounded like a bit of snake oil, but I ordered a bottle. I was more than pleased with it on my non-skid. I wasn't too sure I'd be able to keep from sliding off my side decks on application, but the traction came back after drying. I was also extremely happy after applying it to polished aluminum. I was impressed with the difference up close and a quarter mile away from the bridge.

I emailed a question to them and got an immediate phone call and some free other products. I asked another question and more stuff. They sure seem to have customer service down pat.
    Robert did you only try the non skid product? I see the have a Gloss product I’d like to try.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Tried soap, polishing compound also and extremely impressed by both. Have a sample of the caruaba wax. Used it on small area only, and it buffed up great. Will wax boat soon and report.

Yesterday, tried the Woody Wax on eisenglass. Very happy with results. Maybe I can reduce array of products on boat.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I have used it on metal for years. Best product but just so darn expensive.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

How expensive Tom?

Walt