Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dryboat.com

Dryboat.com

Just watched a video from a company called Dry Boat. Com. For anyone that has wet core this looks like a great way to dry it out. Anyone out there see or use them. Thoughts?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Dryboat.com

you can dry it all you want but until the source of moisture is corrected it is a waste of money. That is unless you are selling as the video implied and trying to hide a problem from a surveyor. Also if the wet core has been around long enough for the core to rot drying won't cure the problem

I don’t need it but wanted to see if anyone has. Well at least I hope I don’t need it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This one left me scratching my head. I claim no in depth expertise on the subject, but at the same time the process just puzzles me.

From the web site, it appears the process is to blow compressed dehumidified air into the core of a stressed skin cored panel, namely a cored panel on a boat. My problem is to the best of my knowledge you can not blow compressed air through the core of a structurally sound stressed skin panel which is cored with balsa, foam, or plywood most often used on boats.

Am I missing something?
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

The site is low on technical info... so they drill a bunch of holes to dry the core and dont tell you how, heated air? but in the end you still need to replace the wet rotted core. And if they drill holes from the under the chine, how do you inject anything? If any significsnt core is damage, it s going to take a lot of material.

But hey if it s on TV it has to be real and you dont need to explain.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat