Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Guns & Boating

Re: Guns & Boating

Says it all about our 2A rights and why the informed protect them.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist I suspect that the disarmament of the general
    population is a necessary step to tyranny in our once great country. The anti gun crowd which consists
    mostly of utopian wishers is being manipulated by the extreme left (communists) with funding by the
    likes of George Soros and his mob. For them to suggest that gun owners and defenders of our
    constitution including ALL of the amendments are some how cruel and don't have compassion for the
    victims of gun violence is part of their overall plan. Back in the Truman and Eisenhower years there
    were those who tried to expose the plan and they were chastised as loons.

So how do these leftists (communists) manage to get elected to positions of power? Very simple, prey
    on one of our most fundamental flaws of human nature--- what's in it for me. Vast give away programs
    buy votes. Giving illegal immigrants rights that are supposed to be reserved for citizens and LEGAL
    immigrants are all designed to buy votes. How do think Obama got elected? Certainly not because
    of his experience as a great leader.

Enough of this rant for now, but just remember that just as the beginning of a long journey starts
    with the first step, so does everything else. Today you make it harder for the law abiding citizens
    to own a means of defending their homes and families. Tomorrow you take another right and there
    you have it...a take over without a shot being fired.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist I suspect that the disarmament of the general
    population is a necessary step to tyranny in our once great country. The anti gun crowd which consists
    mostly of utopian wishers is being manipulated by the extreme left (communists) with funding by the
    likes of George Soros and his mob. For them to suggest that gun owners and defenders of our
    constitution including ALL of the amendments are some how cruel and don't have compassion for the
    victims of gun violence is part of their overall plan. Back in the Truman and Eisenhower years there
    were those who tried to expose the plan and they were chastised as loons.

So how do these leftists (communists) manage to get elected to positions of power? Very simple, prey
    on one of our most fundamental flaws of human nature--- what's in it for me. Vast give away programs
    buy votes. Giving illegal immigrants rights that are supposed to be reserved for citizens and LEGAL
    immigrants are all designed to buy votes. How do think Obama got elected? Certainly not because
    of his experience as a great leader.

Enough of this rant for now, but just remember that just as the beginning of a long journey starts
    with the first step, so does everything else. Today you make it harder for the law abiding citizens
    to own a means of defending their homes and families. Tomorrow you take another right and there
    you have it...a take over without a shot being fired.

Walt
    Very well said. It's not a conspiracy theory when it's based on fact.

To anyone who thinks the left just wants your AR-15, take a look at their latest proposal. Don't let the title of the bill fool you. Read it all.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../5087/text?r=1
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

No rant, the truth is now being revealed as in DOJ/FBI. A plan that would have eventually eliminate all of the despicable gun owners once we were out voted, majority rules and the left had a plan that was sanctioned all the way to the top. You covered it perfectly.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-18-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    I believe the CG can search your boat without a warrant.

http://www.overview.uscg.mil/Authorities/

"The Coast Guard may board any vessel subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, whether on the high seas, or on waters over which the United States has jurisdiction, to make inquiries, examinations, inspections, searches, seizures, and arrests for the prevention, detection, and suppression of violations of U.S. laws. 14 U.S.C. § 89."

So if you lie, the pain intensifies from what I have heard.
    Sounds like telling the truth is the more painful approach as lying would have resulted in absolutely nothing happening in either of the cases you referenced in your earlier post.

The USCG can in fact board your boat without a warrant and search it if they so desire. I have never heard of them searching a vessel unless they have a good reason to suspect you are up to no good. I have never heard of them searching a vessel during a routine "safety inspection", so my guess is, had the above just said no, they would have been on their merry way.

What I don't understand is, you can be perfectly legal in another state with a vehicle that doesn't conform to certain requirements for a state you are passing through. Why should that be different where firearms are concerned?

Our Second Amendment rights are federal and should be the same in every state. Don't even get me started on states making up their own laws while refusing to enforce federal laws they don't like.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No rant, the truth is now being revealed as in DOJ/FBI. A plan that would have eventually eliminate all of the despicable gun owners once we were out voted, majority rules and the left had a plan that was sanctioned all the way to the top. You covered it perfectly.
    Let's just hope McCabe makes good on this threat to take others down with him. We dodged a major bullet (no pun intended) when Clinton lost. Hopefully EVERYTHING will come out, and we'll need to build at least one more prison. I would even go along with allowing McCabe to receive his pension if enough of these people were charged and convicted. The seizure of Clinton's assets alone would be more than enough to pay for that and then some.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Sounds like telling the truth is the more painful approach as lying would have resulted in absolutely nothing happening in either of the cases you referenced in your earlier post.

The USCG can in fact board your boat without a warrant and search it if they so desire. I have never heard of them searching a vessel unless they have a good reason to suspect you are up to no good. I have never heard of them searching a vessel during a routine "safety inspection", so my guess is, had the above just said no, they would have been on their merry way.

Also, in the one instance, the vessel was foreign flagged. However, the master was US citizen. The guy in NY/NJ travesty said too much or didn't have a good lawyer. Because when dealing with a foreign flagged vessel, things can get complicated pretty fast. The USCG may be able to board the vessel, but I fail to see how NJ/NY police have jurisdiction to board/search/enforce STATE gun laws on a foreign flag vessel. I'm not a lawyer, I don't know the history of past cases, but these guys should've said no. The cops just do the arrest, whether its legal or not.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381