Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread

Thread: Guns & Boating

Hybrid View

Guns & Boating

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding a gun on a boat that travels from a gun okay state like SC to gun not okay state like NJ?

Re: Guns & Boating

Hide it well and don't tell

In New Jersey if u are caught with a spent shell casing - jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemmc View Post
    In New Jersey if u are caught with a spent shell casing - jail time.
    Absolutely wrong..... I live in NJ and enjoy my extensive gun collection with no problems. While NJ
    does have some of the most stringent gun regulations in the country it certainly is quite legal to own
    guns and ammo.... Concealed carry permits are about impossible to get and if you shoot someone
    with a hollow point bullet you're in deep trouble. You can however shoot all the hollow point bullets
    you desire, just don't have them with you during the commission of a crime. Many of us reload the
    spent shell casings many times over and it is quite legal....

Walt

I dont understand the NJ law on hollow point. Hollow point for the most part loses energy when it strikes an object. Ball ammo has the capacity to keep going and possible in a flipping manner. That flipping manner has the ability to change direction if comes in contact with a dense object. Which in my eyes hollow is better due to it "stops" instead of passing through and hitting something else like ball. Of course weight of bullet and load comes into play as well. Also the material that the bullet strikes.

Bob
    "CRAZY HORSE"