Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

The port oil sender has gone wonky and needs to be replaced. The original part is no longer available. Sams only has a replacement gauge (2 needed) and replacement sender, but they are not the same for my 1984 vintage dashboard.

I sent one gauge to a testing mob and have found out the operating range of the single gauge is 0 to 90 ohms. In that case, for a twin station boat is the required sender still a "dual 0-90 ohm sender" or will a 0-180 ohm sender do the same job for two stations?

This task/replacement is proving to be one off the more challenging I've encountered with my boat.

Cheers.

2. Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

Lauderdale Speedometer

954-522-4885

Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

I’ve called several of these companies, they all wish to replace both the sender and the gauge. I want to keep my dashboard vintage looking as long as possible. Thus I go back to my original question of what senders might work close enough with two 0 to 90 ohm gauges in twin station set up.

Do you have Stewart Warner gauges? .. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-82514

I don't get the reasoning for keeping a 30 year old boat looking just like the day she left the factory without updating things.

I think the idea of keeping things current and up to date is a better plan.

Unless it's a wife. Then having one looking like she did 30 years ago may be a positive.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

6. Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I don't get the reasoning for keeping a 30 year old boat looking just like the day she left the factory without updating things.

I think the idea of keeping things current and up to date is a better plan.

Unless it's a wife. Then having one looking like she did 30 years ago may be a positive.
    I hear you. The problem is.....that is a lot of work and expense. Personally I think converting to glass is the best way to go and have backup mechanicals in the engine room, but it has its caveats.

Gauges are all AC DELCO.

I’ve previously been accused of living in the past, but as I say I was happier then.

All of the gauges on the dash board are in pristine condition and I like the look. I really do not want to change out four sets of gauges because one oil pressure sender is broken. This is the reason I am trying to find a sender that will work.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 03-16-2018 at 07:39 AM.

8. Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

Here are some stats from the guage on our boat (1981 61MY) which may or may not be helpful:

Oil Pressure 0-80PSI
    Duel Station Guage
    AC Delco Part 5626324
    Ground to Postive Resistance in Ohms 217.2
    Positive to Sender Resistance in Ohms 118.5
    Ground to Sender Resistance in Ohms 98.9

Is this the same gauge that you have? Do you have a p/n for the OE sender?

Thanks.

I was able to find out that the original oil sender & gauge AC DELCO parts were:

Oil Pressure 12V92 DUAL station sender to suit 0-80psi gauge: PGS6
    Oil Presure MG514 Gearbox DUAL station sender to suit 0-400psi gauge: PGS10

(I was lucky enough recently to find a replacement gearbox sender on ebay which was installed and works fine.)

Hello, years ago I found a place in New Jersey that had senders for the old AC Delco instruments, no web site but a phone number. The price was reasonable and service was very good. I will look up the paper work this afternoon and send you an address, hopefully they are still there to help you.

Walt Hoover