Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

The port oil sender has gone wonky and needs to be replaced. The original part is no longer available. Sams only has a replacement gauge (2 needed) and replacement sender, but they are not the same for my 1984 vintage dashboard.

I sent one gauge to a testing mob and have found out the operating range of the single gauge is 0 to 90 ohms. In that case, for a twin station boat is the required sender still a "dual 0-90 ohm sender" or will a 0-180 ohm sender do the same job for two stations?

This task/replacement is proving to be one off the more challenging I've encountered with my boat.

Cheers.

2. Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

Lauderdale Speedometer

954-522-4885

Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

I’ve called several of these companies, they all wish to replace both the sender and the gauge. I want to keep my dashboard vintage looking as long as possible. Thus I go back to my original question of what senders might work close enough with two 0 to 90 ohm gauges in twin station set up.

Do you have Stewart Warner gauges? .. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-82514

I don't get the reasoning for keeping a 30 year old boat looking just like the day she left the factory without updating things.

I think the idea of keeping things current and up to date is a better plan.

Unless it's a wife. Then having one looking like she did 30 years ago may be a positive.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

6. Re: 112v71TI Dual Station Oil Senders

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I don't get the reasoning for keeping a 30 year old boat looking just like the day she left the factory without updating things.

I think the idea of keeping things current and up to date is a better plan.

Unless it's a wife. Then having one looking like she did 30 years ago may be a positive.
    I hear you. The problem is.....that is a lot of work and expense. Personally I think converting to glass is the best way to go and have backup mechanicals in the engine room, but it has its caveats.