Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 65'? Hatt for 55k?

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Mine is a 79 with twin beds in the master and large port lights.
    You also have the newer (1978½+) style bridge. Twin beds were standard and queen was a new option starting around 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    You also have the newer (1978½+) style bridge. Twin beds were standard and queen was a new option starting around 1978.
    Tom is correct. He knows 53's. Don't doubt him on this. That boat is likely a 1977 and was listed at 1987 because someone fat fingered an 8 when it was supposed to be a 7.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 03-14-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I think You are right Sky with one exception. I’ve never seen a queen bed pushed to one side like that. Normally they are center line unless they are yacht fishers. Thoughts?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I think You are right Sky with one exception. I’ve never seen a queen bed pushed to one side like that. Normally they are center line unless they are yacht fishers. Thoughts?
    The boat left the factory with twins. To change one to a queen on center like the factory did it requires a lot of modifications and is a big undertaking. Putting it off in the corner like that is a lot cheaper.

You can always tell a factory queen stateroom on a 53 by looking at the port side. All queens have one portlght and twins have two .

That boat is likely a 75 or 76 judging by the railings on the cabin top.

I like the can of starting fluid you can barely see on the main salon table and the at least 10+ year old gallons of rotella on the engine room shelf.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

I am at the yard today and was told she was sold.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat