Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Mastervolt Masterbus NMEA 2000?

Has anyone installed the Masterbus NMEA 2000 Interface? If so, would appreciate any insights into configuring it to work with displays on N2K network. I have the Mastervolt PowerCharger 40/12-3 and would like to get the charge status, etc up on the FB helm. Specifically, I'm also curious if the MV proprietary software is necessary for the config, or can it be done with other displays (Maretron DSM250, etc).

Actually - have the same question (and same goal) for Xantrac SW 3024 Inverter and their Zanbus network? Can the info be displayed through N2K?

Thanks in advance!
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Re: Mastervolt Masterbus NMEA 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Has anyone installed the Masterbus NMEA 2000 Interface? If so, would appreciate any insights into configuring it to work with displays on N2K network. I have the Mastervolt PowerCharger 40/12-3 and would like to get the charge status, etc up on the FB helm. Specifically, I'm also curious if the MV proprietary software is necessary for the config, or can it be done with other displays (Maretron DSM250, etc).

Actually - have the same question (and same goal) for Xantrac SW 3024 Inverter and their Zanbus network? Can the info be displayed through N2K?

Thanks in advance!
    Victron comes up on the garmin screens. I dont know about the others but dont spend too much time on the xantrex. Its not going to last very long. They never do.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Victron comes up on the garmin screens. I dont know about the others but dont spend too much time on the xantrex. Its not going to last very long. They never do.
    Thanks Scott, unfortunately I ran out of time and $$ at the end of a rather expensive visit to the yard and went irrational on the Xantrex. Knock wood, so far just over a year and it has been perfect, but certainly not a Victron.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

4. Re: Mastervolt Masterbus NMEA 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Well you get what you pay for.

I called Mastervolt today, and all I need to get the PowerCharge 12/40-3 on the N2K is a Shunt Part #: 77020110, plus the Masterbus NMEA2000 Interface and I can show volts, current, state of charge and battery temp on my other displays. Possible that I may need their USB interface to configure it but that is not a big deal (software is "free").

Xantrex, well, was kind of sad. I called support and asked him about the possibility of a NMEA2000 interface. He asked me to repeat the acronym, twice. Looks like I will be getting another Maretron DCM100 with the Hall effect transducer for the 24V inverter bank, which is fine for now.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL