Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: One more reason to hate West Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    I have a philosophy, the boating lifestyle is expensive if you let it bother you, you might be wasting money (something there never enough of). If you let the little things, like a "sales associate" that has no clue, the hand at the fuel dock doesn't know what to do with the line someone just tossed him, the unfortunate shortage of competent marinas, you get it. Get those things behind you and sailor on and and get to the FUN!!
    No shortage of the clueless, that's for sure. I used to expect good service and be aggravated when it didn't appear. Unfortunately, we are often better off letting good service surprise us. Besides, playing along with with the clueless usually results in a pretty good story. I know I have some great ones.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

If your not offering good ( or great ) service DONT CHARGE ME FOR IT.

I cant stand being charged a premium for low quality products or support.

I gladly go to places that offer higher end service and pay accordingly. That would not include Chillis, walmart or worst morons.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    Now West Marine has done it...their new CEO is from South Carolina. Who knows what will happen next...Total Price matching, best return policy in any industry, more focus on local markets and events, major price reductions in the products you need every day! Just saw a gallon of West System resin reduced from $105 to $80. Hmm mayhaps that good ole boy is onto something
    And this is your first post. Interesting..... Perhaps a bot programmed by WM to counter all of the bad reviews they get.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    And this is your first post. Interesting..... Perhaps a bot programmed by WM to counter all of the bad reviews they get.
    That'd be one busy bot!

One of my ex's owns an antique mall. Her 5-stars on Yelp went to 3-1/2 when some nut job posted an epistle about something that wasn't purchased at her shop. It bothered my, then, pre-ex, and Yelp was no help. So I enlisted 2-3 buddies at the gun club and we signed up for Yelp. 5-stars again in no time at all.

Maybe I are a bot.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

5. Re: One more reason to hate West Marine

Robert, You need to make another YouTube video about it. We all could use the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    Robert, You need to make another YouTube video about it. We all could use the entertainment.
    I'll tell you what's entertainment. I've got some outfit calling about my student loans. I'll be 64 in a couple of weeks and I never had any student loans. Nevertheless, call they do even when I select the do not call list. Now they call almost weekly, and I usually can make time to talk about my $180,000 in students loans from med school and law school and astronaut school and on and on. I wasted one SOB's time to the tune of 20 mins one day.

Tuesday, I sent some of Rev. Peter Popoff's Miracle Anointing Water to an ex. You can spread the word yourself just by dialing (800)274-7725.

This morning on the way to the boat, I scheduled a spray on bed liner for next week. I don't have a pickup at the moment, but it still seemed like a good idea. When they call wanting to know where I am I'll probably mention something about it not being a good idea to ride someone's bumper and cut people off in traffic when you drive a big black F350 with Line-X of Columbia complete with phone number emblazoned in fluorescent yellow. BTW, that's (803)201-5133; I think they'll have a cancellation next week.

Maybe you'd like to hear about going to see the Governor because the DMV wouldn't renew my 90 year old disabled WWII veteran father's handicap parking placard. My folk's home was five blocks from the capitol, and I got tired of being on hold. Just showed up at 4:59. 'Y'all don't mind staying a little late do ya?'

It's like the old saying that I laid on my daughters' boyfriends. You've heard it: If you make my little girl cry I'm gonna make you cry.

IMG_0203.JPG

Now this is a good story, too!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

West marine is awesome. Price matching anything. Great warranties if you’re willing to pay for the protection plans. FYI right now their pro series speakers are 50% off and they sound amazing.

8. Re: One more reason to hate West Marine

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    West marine is awesome. Price matching anything. Great warranties if you’re willing to pay for the protection plans. FYI right now their pro series speakers are 50% off and they sound amazing.
    Ok. But...Once you have wholesale with a real marine supplier you will never go back!!!

Caprice, would that be Fisheries Supply. I have a very good wholesale account with them and buy all my stuff from them and get free shipping. It used to be no sales tax either until the Calif. folks took care of that. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

10. Re: One more reason to hate West Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Caprice, would that be Fisheries Supply. I have a very good wholesale account with them and buy all my stuff from them and get free shipping. It used to be no sales tax either until the Calif. folks took care of that. John
    Yessir. Local for me too.