Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Any Info on 58' Cockpit Motor Yacht - Galley Up?

Had the Privilege of drinking and dining with Northeast Hatteras group last night (Dan, Nick, Rick - owe you money for the bar tab!). Discussing possible up-sizing from my 43 DC to something with a cockpit, Glory told me about the 58' Cockpit Motor Yacht. After goofing around at the bar on the Sam’s Marine Model Brochure ( http://www.hatterasowners.com/Brochu...58CYB-0479.pdf ), the Galley Up model seemed to offer allot of space for my family of 7 with its 4 stateroom layout. I really like Galley Up too. I looked on Yachtworld and google to no avail and thinking this may be a rare boat/configuration as it was only made from 1977 to 1981. Anybody got any real world experience with this model? Wondering how many were made and if it is a rare unicorn.

Re: Any Info on 58' Cockpit Motor Yacht - Galley Up?

Last time I looked, there was only one on the market: New Minglewood Blues, on the Chesapeake Bay. Call Eric Horst @Bayport Yachts, I bet he knows of her......
    Search YachtWorld, it's listed among all the other 58' Hatteras's.

Back in the mid 80's a friend bought a new 58 CMY and I had the pleasure of being on it many times.
    It was essentially a 53ED with a cockpit but with a different layout with the galley up. I seem to remember
    that it had 8-92's and burned a lot of fuel at cruise. The name of the boat was Prime Rate and it was
    kept next to me at the Bay Point marina a couple of blocks from my house in Bay Point, Panama City Beach, FL I don't think
    there were many CMY's made as the 58 YF was much more popular.

Walt

Have you considered the 58 Yachtfish? I know it has three staterooms, but you can make the galley dinette into a bed if you pop it down. Also we have a queen sleep sofa in the salon that I have used when my daughters have a bunch of their friends over. IMHO the cockpit is invaluable, especially with kids. I'm also in the process of re configuring the seating in the back deck area to enable the long bench to pull out to a bed that will sleep at least 2. Very versatile boat.

Mingle Wood Blues is a galley down 3 SR model. I do know the owner. I have never seen a 4 SR galley up 58 CPMY although the brochure does show it. There must be one out there somewhere!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"