Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ER Blower pilot light replacement

My engine room blowers have pilot lights on the panel in the bridge. The lights have a wire soldered to a terminal on one side and a resistor of some type on the other connected to a switch. The terminal broke off one of the wires right at the back of the light. I wasn't successful in soldering it back. I searched Sams and didnt find a replacement bulb with this resistor. Does anyone know of a source or replacement for this light. It appears the same as the bilge pump lights but not sure if they have the resistor as they are on a different panel

Re: ER Blower pilot light replacement

Can you add a photo? If it’s the same as mine I may have an extra.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

3. Re: ER Blower pilot light replacement

I have replaced these before with bulbs from bulbtown.com . IIRC those ones are tiny screw in bulbs.

I am reasonably certain this is the one you need:
    http://www.bulbtown.com/373_Miniatur...Base_p/373.htm

On our boat there is a resistor inline at the bulb housing so they are 12volt.

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    I have replaced these before with bulbs from bulbtown.com . IIRC those ones are tiny screw in bulbs.

I am reasonably certain this is the one you need:
    http://www.bulbtown.com/373_Miniatur...Base_p/373.htm

On our boat there is a resistor inline at the bulb housing so they are 12volt.
    That’s the ones I have as well. Trick to get them out is to get a couple inches of a plastic tube that will be snug on the bulb. Push it down and then twist. Great way to remove and install. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

It will be a couple weeks before I get back to take a picture but I need to replace the entire lamp socket. The ground wire is soldered on the base of the socket at the back and the flag terminal it was soldered to broke off flush with the base. When I screwed the bulb out the lens seemed to be built into the red but it may just be corroded on. Either way I primarily need the socket assembly with the soldered on resistor

I’m not sure where to get the socket itself. Hopefully someone on the forum can help. If not you might have to replace them all to keep the helm uniform.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

7. Re: ER Blower pilot light replacement

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I’m not sure where to get the socket itself. Hopefully someone on the forum can help. If not you might have to replace them all to keep the helm uniform.
    If this happens i would recommend switching to LED's. I have found some that are very close which i have used on the bridge bilge lights with resistors. I just soldered in some resistors and wire so i can replace them as I go. WP_20161113_15_20_54_Pro.jpg

Here are the Mouser P/N's

645-6123132130F
    MFG Part No:612-3132-130F
    612-3132-130F
    Dialight LED Panel Mount Indicators
    US HTS:8541402000 ECCN:EAR99 COO:JP

Last edited by MVCaprice; 03-19-2018 at 03:58 PM.

I posted the wrong number.
    Last edited by mprice; 03-19-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Anyone know the purpose of the resistor?

10. Re: ER Blower pilot light replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Anyone know the purpose of the resistor?
    Yes. Blower circuit is 32v. Stock lights are 12v. Leds I suggested are also 12v. Resistors reduce voltage. Look up ohms law.