Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Running Lights

Running Lights

I’m currently not at my boat but plan on switching out the port and starboard running lights this weekend. I’ve never had them off so I don’t know whether they are 32 V or 12 V. Can anyone assist me with that information. I would like to switch them out to LEDs and would like to purchase them before I head to the boat. 1979 53’ MY. Thanks in advance.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Running Lights

While we are on the subject, anyone have a good source for real bright 12v running lights that are reasonably sized for a 43C?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    While we are on the subject, anyone have a good source for real bright 12v running lights that are reasonably sized for a 43C?
    Superbrightled.com
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Rusty, mine are 32 volt, is your breaker for the lights on your 32 volt or 12 volt panel. Only real reason to go to led is if you think they will be brighter. Power consumption is not really a factor because you will have the engine alternators running when you are using the running lights so should have plenty of power. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Truthfully John I have never even looked to see where the breaker is. As a matter of fact I’ve never had the boat out after dark. However, I plan on taking it out this summer and cruising the evening in San Francisco. I’ll check it out once I get up there this weekend. Thanks for your help.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Cruising along the city front at night is fantastic, the city is beautiful, I was lucky enough to do it once and it was spectacular. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

One of the prettiest shorelines in the world. At least to me.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

On my 55C they are 32volt and connected to the 32 volt panel with a breaker labeled "Navigation Lights". I have thought about buying one of those $25 converters and making the circuit 12 volts at the panel so I could go LED. I was not able to find a 32volt Festoon bulb. My reason for LED's is to save bulb changes as they seem to last a long time

I used those converters to run LED in my engine rooms. Hooked them right into the engine room lights. There is a 1 second delay when you turn on the lights. Well worth it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    On my 55C they are 32volt and connected to the 32 volt panel with a breaker labeled "Navigation Lights". I have thought about buying one of those $25 converters and making the circuit 12 volts at the panel so I could go LED. I was not able to find a 32volt Festoon bulb. My reason for LED's is to save bulb changes as they seem to last a long time
    Found this on Amazon
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California