Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood--No More USPS

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Just make friends with the UPS driver and you'll be good to go. Buy him a gift card at Christmas. Then Call him on his cell when you have a pickup. If you're not home, he'll see your truck at the bank and leave the package in your front seat, etc.
    Sky, You must live in Mayberry

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Used to have that relationship with my UPS guy. He really wanted to fire some of my Class III full auto stuff. I had an armored indoor range at my business. He let it go through the roof. My fault for having a tin roof. We were never that close afterwards.
    Now that's some muzzle climb.

Used to have that relationship with my UPS guy. He really wanted to fire some of my Class III full auto stuff. I had an armored indoor range at my business. He let it go through the roof. My fault for having a tin roof. We were never that close afterwards.
    You have class III stuff? You are my hero.

I have the same thing with my UPS driver. A nice bottle of Scotch every Christmas and a phone number for those critical last minute pick ups.

UPS stores: While the brand is owned by the parent company they are franchises. So the individual owner of the former Mailboxes Etc. makes the call on how the business is run. If your guy is forcing you to use his account find another one or find the UPS depot or chase down a truck.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

I have the same thing with my UPS driver. A nice bottle of Scotch every Christmas and a phone number for those critical last minute pick ups.

UPS stores: While the brand is owned by the parent company they are franchises. So the individual owner of the former Mailboxes Etc. makes the call on how the business is run. If your guy is forcing you to use his account find another one or find the UPS depot or chase down a truck.
    Got out of the Class III a while back. Too much scrutiny from ATF. Had a bunch, belt-feds, subs, rifles/BAR, M16's. Kinda cool having an M1919 on a jeep mount in a pick-up bed--just in case I declared a no-fly zone around the house. German stuff was the best with their rate of fire. I hopped up a lot of what I had. I never saw one person who, having gone full auto, wasn't grinning ear to ear.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

I just switched to FedEx. If ups allows the franchise to act in such an aggressive manner ripping off locals they don't deserve my business.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Got out of the Class III a while back. Too much scrutiny from ATF. Had a bunch, belt-feds, subs, rifles/BAR, M16's. Kinda cool having an M1919 on a jeep mount in a pick-up bed--just in case I declared a no-fly zone around the house. German stuff was the best with their rate of fire. I hopped up a lot of what I had. I never saw one person who, having gone full auto, wasn't grinning ear to ear.
    Bummer about ATF, but I think too burdensome to be worthwhile is what they're going for.

I'm sure I'd be smiling too. This isn't even a class III state so I have no chance of even finding a friend who would let me give it a try. Maybe some day in my travels.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

This is what I’m talking about. Raise your hands if you believe a package arrives, unloads, transfers, loads and departs in 4 minutes.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC