Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood--No More USPS

Quote Originally Posted by fissioneng View Post
    Just saying, the USPS is not part of the Federal government, although it certainly acts like it is!
    Technically, you’re right. But if you are guaranteed a profit and your CEO is appointed by the government then you are the de facto government.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Your right. I just woke up and am still a little foggy. Glad you caught that. Have a great day. Off and on rain out here and about 50.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Your right. I just woke up and am still a little foggy. Glad you caught that. Have a great day. Off and on rain out here and about 50.
    So...you're juxtaposing another bunch of ne'er-do-wells with the post office??
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I've had good and bad with all. But the worst bad is the USPS losing my autopilot which I insured for a lot and saying it's "depreciated" and paying me 10% of the premium I paid.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Your our not the first to find out you can't insure something for what you want.

I can only insure shipments for my cost not the selling price. Theres a whole lot of legal b.s. there but it's there to be fair. If you ship a $5 item and insure it for $10k you can't profit from the loss youll get the $5 back
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Interesting about different experiences from different people. I buy most of the parts and supplies for my boat on-line and have found USPS not only cheaper than UPS but also faster (3 days from Florida to northern Nevada vs 7 from UPS). The absolute worst IMO is Fed Ex "Smart Post" service where Fed Ex sends the package to the "closest" major post office and the post office delivers the package. Problem is that Fed Ex doesn't bother to figure out what the "closest" post is.

I've had good and bad luck with all of them Overall, United Parcel is still the best. They pay damage claims promptly in my experience.

I've had huge headaches with USPS delivering medical journals, but they seem to do okay on other magazines.

Ups has a franchise in my area owned by a upidee paki who wont let me use my account for drop offs because he makes more overcharging everyone using his account. We have a lot of locals who won't use him so I use FedEx most often with no issues to speak of.

The post office is pretty reliable here and the mailman will get out of the truck and walk packages to the portico if it won't fit in the mailbox.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Ups has a franchise in my area owned by a upidee paki who wont let me use my account for drop offs because he makes more overcharging everyone using his account. We have a lot of locals who won't use him so I use FedEx most often with no issues to speak of.

The post office is pretty reliable here and the mailman will get out of the truck and walk packages to the portico if it won't fit in the mailbox.
    Just make friends with the UPS driver and you'll be good to go. Buy him a gift card at Christmas. Then Call him on his cell when you have a pickup. If you're not home, he'll see your truck at the bank and leave the package in your front seat, etc.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Just make friends with the UPS driver and you'll be good to go. Buy him a gift card at Christmas. Then Call him on his cell when you have a pickup. If you're not home, he'll see your truck at the bank and leave the package in your front seat, etc.
    Used to have that relationship with my UPS guy. He really wanted to fire some of my Class III full auto stuff. I had an armored indoor range at my business. He let it go through the roof. My fault for having a tin roof. We were never that close afterwards.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC