Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood--No More USPS

Got tired of stuff being delayed from Prime when shipped USPS. Jacksonville is maybe 4 hours from Charleston, but it's taking Post Office 4 days to deliver--no snow storms in JAX presently. I called Amazon and found out I can specify NO MORE POST OFFICE henceforth and forever more. The nice lady asked why. I said, "Because it's the Post Office." She understood.

Besides, the Post Office lies. A delivery a few months back showed arrival and loading on the next truck in 3 minutes and arriving in Charleston (100 miles) in another six minutes. Now, I notice USPS tracking data is completely non-specific and useless.

Unfortunately, my best Post Office joke would be considered in bad taste. I'll just have to tell it to myself in the mirror.

It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood--No More USPS

That’s great news. I’ll have the wife call in. She does all the shopping.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Lets see......USPS is government run delivery service. I guess this quote should help explain it.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Three little boys were bragging about who's dad could out do the others. The first boy said his daddy worked as a track coach and was so fast he could out run anyone. He won a gold medal in track. The second boy said his daddy was a professional archer and was so fast he could shoot an arrow out of his bow and catch it before it hit the target.The third boy said his dad worked for the federal government and was so fast he could get off work at 4:45pm and be home by 3PM the same day. Your package is between 3PM and 4:45

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Three little boys were bragging about who's dad could out do the others. The first boy said his daddy worked as a track coach and was so fast he could out run anyone. He won a gold medal in track. The second boy said his daddy was a professional archer and was so fast he could shoot an arrow out of his bow and catch it before it hit the target.The third boy said his dad worked for the federal government and was so fast he could get off work at 4:45pm and be home by 3PM the same day. Your package is between 3PM and 4:45
    Great story.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Wow, this has to be a classic case of different experience- perhaps regional based. My experience is that both UPS and FedEx are the two worst companies I deal with. Crazy expensive and slow. They love leaving packages leaning against my garage door in the rain for all thieves to see instead of walking 30' to the front porch. With Amazon prime and USPS, I have often received USPS delivery from the other coast in 2 days, free. UPS and Fed Ex should be lawsuited out of existance. "free enterprise" can really suck .
    Gary

USPS has a much worse 'shipment tracker' product, but delivery not necessarily. I received a package USPS yesterday, that Amazon originally said I would receive March 5 via USPS from the west coast. 4 days early. That happens for me with USPS about 1/2 the time. the others are usually as predicted. Atlanta has pretty good logistics infrastructure, though.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Just saying, the USPS is not part of the Federal government, although it certainly acts like it is!
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Do you know what the US Post office and Kenny Shoe stores have in common? ( They both have over a million loafers) you add any kind of loafers when you re-tell it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Do you know what the US Post office and Kenny Shoe stores have in common? ( They both have over a million loafers) you add any kind of loafers when you re-tell it.
    Thats a half million PAIRS of loafers, Rusty. If you’re going to tell it tell it right. Lol
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC