Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Galley Maid head pump issue

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Well I am calling this one fixed for now. I checked the discharge hose and it seemed clear. I started using the pump and flushing several times a day, resetting breaker as needed. The bow carpet was wet and found the issue to be a loose pvc fitting on the suction side (big line) of the pump, concealed behind an access panel. I reglued the pipe thinking maybe it was sucking air and causing the tripping. Well it still tripped 3 or 4 more times but I kept using the toilet excessively thinking that maybe something in the motor was still rusty. The pump had been noticeably quieter than the other two. It finally got louder, sounding more like the others. About that time it quit flipping the breaker. I have run it well over a minute without it tripping on several instances. I plan to keep using it to exercise it. Hopefully all will be good.
    It’s hell to have to break in the toilets.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Galley Maid head pump issue

With 3 in the boat I am like a dog on trees. I make my rounds marking each head in the boat. The a/c sump in the engine room works good too in a bind.