Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Our new boat 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1

Beautiful! Best of luck!

Drop Dead Gorgeous. Good luck. I've reviewed (online) a number of these and this one seems to excel.
    Regards
    Dan

Congrats! Beautiful!

Im looking for one of these also. Would you mind sharing what the range of cost is for insurance?

That's the nicest one I've seen.

Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words, she is very nice...

Reel Grace, We got insurance through MTOA $2,400 but we are virtual novices...
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
    Barefoot Lady

You must not be in Florida?
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    The MTOA insurance program will cover you in Florida. I pay about $3000 for my 48MY with valuation at $165000..

Bob

7. Re: Our new boat 1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1

Congratulations on being the new caretaker of the Barefoot Lady. She is beautiful and has been well maintained. I first met Barfoot lady many years and 4 owners back. She was what convinced me to seek out a LRC.
    As to the insurance question I just received my renewal with BoatUS/Geico covers coastal and inland waters of US & Canada $ 1,630.84 annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    We are in Florida, it's with Seasence, underwritten by Geico, from the M.T.O.A. broker as you get extra benefits thrown in.... It's restricted to US waters and we have to have a Captain until we feel able to handle her ourselves, they did say we had to have a Captain for a year but I said "try again" so they dropped it to whenever WE feel confident, not even when the Captain feels we can handle it... talking about from the sublime to the rediculious...!!!
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
    Barefoot Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Congratulations on being the new caretaker of the Barefoot Lady. She is beautiful and has been well maintained. I first met Barfoot lady many years and 4 owners back. She was what convinced me to seek out a LRC.
    As to the insurance question I just received my renewal with BoatUS/Geico covers coastal and inland waters of US & Canada $ 1,630.84 annual.
    She certainly is a lovely boat.. this comes with a slight issue though... I stayed on her for a week before close by kind permission of the owner... I spend most of my day talking to passers by about her, now, don't get me wrong I can talk the hind leg of a donkey and love chatting but I can see being the current caretaker of Barefoot Lady is going to be a challenge....!!
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 42LRC Mk1
    Barefoot Lady