Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boarding Ladder?? 42CMY

I've a '95 42'CMY with amidships boarding gates and small brackets on the rail but no ladder's. I'd love to know what one should look like. If anyone has a photo or lead on where I could see one, it's be a big help to solving my boarding ladder need. thanks

Re: Boarding Ladder?? 42CMY

Can you add a photo of what you have. Lay it out on the dock so we can see. Thanks
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This is the old style with the narrow steps, the later ones have five anti slip strips instead of four. I made our handrail out of a couple tube hinges and stainless tubing. Check out Marquipt Sea Stairs for better pics.
    Attached Images

Great. That's what I wanted to see. Now, for the dumb question. What do you do with it once you pull away from the dock? Hand carry it to where?
    Thanks again.

There should be pins it sits on on the starboard side. I’ll look for a photo of them. If you don’t have them get them. Makes it easy to store when cruising.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

You need two of these.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I've seen those pins. Now I know what they are for. Thanks, I've learned two good things today.
    Ed,

Paying it forward.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

There is also a hanging style boarding ladder that uses the same brackets. More convenient for traveling to remove and store. Obviously less convenient for boarding.

10. Re: Boarding Ladder?? 42CMY

I use the Marquipt when out, but at the dock I built one. ~800$ in materials and powder coat when I did it 5 or so years ago which was not bad!
    WP_000167.jpgWP_000185.jpg