Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Running Gear Pettit "Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier" #1792 Protects Underwater Metal

I applied Velox to shafts, props and rudders a year ago (salt water in Florida). Very little operation - unfortunately. The diver says its OK so far.

Re: Running Gear Pettit "Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier" #1792 Protects Underwater Metal

Any further reports on Prop Coat? I am considering this since I neglected to treat my running gear when I did the bottom this spring. Here in brackish water on the Ortega River there is little growth and no barnacles, but we are heading south soon and I have been told that this or something similar is a necessity in South Florida.

Just used the new glidecoat prop optimizer. It went on easy and beautifully smooth. A week later we moved the boat to a lift slip so I'm guessing it will last forever.

That's the story of my life. Nothing goes as planned.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Used it once, yard reported that it was a b#$*h to get off when I had my next bottom job. Not sure if it helped.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Just used the new glidecoat prop optimizer. It went on easy and beautifully smooth. A week later we moved the boat to a lift slip so I'm guessing it will last forever.

That's the story of my life. Nothing goes as planned.
    Or as I aways say.... "No plan survives first contact with the enemy"......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I will say the props look great a month after launch.

Then again the coating keeps them shiny and doesn't show waterspots.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Velox applied to shafts and props 2 1/2 years ago - very little running. Diver this week said running gear was "fair".